The Economy/Economics

Considering we just shucked out a ton of cash for a crapload of unworthy them, them, thems, it's time for a little payback.

Considering we just shucked out a ton of cash for a crapload of unworthy them, them, thems, it's time for a little payback.

The ones you refer to, F them.

What I mean is we need to start thinking about everyone in this country. Not just ourselves and the wallstreet wankers. Plenty of Americans are screwed right now because of this economy, because of "them", and plenty have kids to care for. We get them back on their feet and feeding back into the economy as consumers.

I love everyone talking like they arent one of 'them', oh noes. It's like conversation is about spacefaring rastafarians.

I love everyone talking like they arent one of 'them', oh noes. It's like conversation is about spacefaring rastafarians.

If you were paying attention, the 'them' in this case are those running the banks and financial institutions that are primarily to blame for this sad state of the economy. So, no, in the context of this discussion, we are not one of 'them'.

Even if we expanded it to include people who overextended themselves on credit, I would venture to say that, based on previous conversations, very few of us fit into that category either, therefore also making us not 'them'.

That's one of the major problems in the western world. Me Me Me.

meh, I'm not really asking for anything. I realize and embrace the fact that I have to do for ME (and mine) in the end. it was more of a rhetorical question.

but if they just gonna' go around making life easier for those who've made poor financial decisions then why can't they make it easier for those of us who've made wise ones?

meh, I'm not really asking for anything. I realize and embrace the fact that I have to do for ME (and mine) in the end. it was more of a rhetorical question.

but if they just gonna' go around making life easier for those who've made poor financial decisions then why can't they make it easier for those of us who've made wise ones?

See not everyone who is down and out are there because of bad decisions. Plenty of people around the country are losing there jobs, and in turn are not able to pay the mortgage. If anything, these people are where they are because of other people's bad decisions.

I get that PT. and feel for them, honestly.

as mentioned earlier in the thread, there ARE people, RECEIVING GOV'T ASSISTANCE AND LOWERING OF PAYMENTS, due to their own greed and poor decisions. you can't afford a 300K house on a 40K per year salary.

as mentioned earlier in the thread, there ARE people, RECEIVING GOV'T ASSISTANCE AND LOWERING OF PAYMENTS, due to their own greed and poor decisions. you can't afford a 300K house on a 40K per year salary.

Man, who in the fukn hell thought it would be a good idea to give a 300k mortgage to someone that works at taco bell?

There is a long list of greedy mortgage fucks who thought exactly that, and more so by taking those mortgages and compounding the bullshit into credit default swaps to enhance the greed even further.

Yes, and there will always be people receiving government assistance who could ultimately help themselves. IMO, that's a small price to pay for helping those who legitimately need it.

"small price" is obviously a relative term.

we can agree to disagree.

You would rather those legitimately screwed to suffer so the douchebags who really fucked the system wont see a dollar from the government? Because trust me, you wont find a way to get money to people who need without others exploiting it.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

*I typed more but erased it. we're not getting anywhere.

I hope you know I'm not trying to convince you of anything, nor am I trying to portray you in any light. I'm simple enjoying a debate with you.