The Economy/Economics

Shalimar

Like herpes - just appears
Feb 5, 2007
St Pete
www.minglemixx.com
Marklar
₥0
Your opinion on the bailout? (might as well have a thread about it, tho there is probably already one, sorry).

Are we just borrowing MORE money? sound like a ponzi??

Or are we just gonna' print more money, making the money we have worth less?

and lastly, if my house is worth about half what it was worth A YEAR AGO, shouldn't my property taxes and insurance be half what they were a year ago?

i need to do my taxes actually.

Your opinion on the bailout? (might as well have a thread about it, tho there is probably already one, sorry).

Are we just borrowing MORE money? sound like a ponzi??

Or are we just gonna' print more money, making the money we have worth less?

and lastly, if my house is worth about half what it was worth A YEAR AGO, shouldn't my property taxes and insurance be half what they were a year ago?

i need to do my taxes actually.

your taxes are on the assessed value of your house probably. So is your insurance, most likely. So, if they reassess your taxes, and your insurance goes down, what happens if your house burns down, and they cover the newly assessed value, which is now considerably less than you may still owe on the house?

just theorizing is all.

It's all just funny money anyway. Ones and zeros on a bunch of computers somewhere. Regardless, restaurants are still packed, stores are still bustling with shoppers. All in all a very clever orchestration by Obama to win the White House.

It's all just funny money anyway. Ones and zeros on a bunch of computers somewhere. Regardless, restaurants are still packed, stores are still bustling with shoppers. All in all a very clever orchestration by Obama to win the White House.

I know you can't really believe this.

Dunkin Donuts FREE coffee today and next wednesday.

people ARE buying (according to the news) hyundais (the 'lose your job we'll take it back program is working), Netflix, shoe resolers, and hershey's kisses.

i gave a few bucks to a dude last week who was standing at the car wash and asked to wipe the car down. much more apt to hand someone $$ for doing something than just standing on a corner off the interstate.

In all seriousness I billed about 30% of my usual volume last month. If that keeps up there will be no reason for my firm to keep me around. I'd rather not think about what happens after that.

naw, good point tre, thank god i'm still in the black. just not like what I used to be.

but as I think i've stated, they assessed me originally at like 200% of what I paid. county appraiser told me "we think you just got a good deal." which I did. but still.

naw, good point tre, thank god i'm still in the black. just not like what I used to be.

but as I think i've stated, they assessed me originally at like 200% of what I paid. county appraiser told me "we think you just got a good deal." which I did. but still.

My original was pretty low, but the city doesn't knwo about the extra 1000 sq feet that is my finished basement. My bank appraised it high, which gives me a whack more credit than I need.

Man I love the instant play feature
Im working my way through the Red Dwarf series now
i love it too. i did all of the american The Office episodes and am working on Myth Busters now. In between I've rewatched a few movies, discovered some new ones and watched a few cool documentaries i never would have rented. Have you seen Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room yet? I just changed power companies because of it.

yeah, the wife is always less than excited when one of the docs I've rented arrives in the mail.

yesterday it was one of the discs from the "Michael Jordan: His Airness" series. :lol:

watched the enron thing.

breakins and robberies will increase as the economy worsens.

read in People magazine last week that Suze Orman (who's a lesbo btw) says it'll be 2015 before we see a turnaround. which makes sense I guess, cause Obama can't fix it in one term. so that's 2012 right there.

i love it too. i did all of the american The Office episodes and am working on Myth Busters now. In between I've rewatched a few movies, discovered some new ones and watched a few cool documentaries i never would have rented. Have you seen Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room yet? I just changed power companies because of it.

No, but have you seen Super Size Me?
Watch it and youll never eat fast food again.

No, but have you seen Super Size Me?
Watch it and youll never eat fast food again.
I've seen it. I immediately craved McDonald's.

Just talking about it makes me want to go get a big mac. I'm a total whore for advertising, positive or negative.

Have you seen Super High Me?