Ontopic The Burqa

Are you for or against the Burqa?

• Total voters
So I was packed in the metro today and push together with a lady who was wearing a Burqa. I wanted to wrap my arms around her and tell her everything would be ok now.

No wonder you're unhappy where you live, getting crammed in a subway car makes me insane.

The first train I was on caught fire, so we all had to get out. I then walked to the next station and it was pack on the platform. Had to skip 3 trains until I could finally get onboard one.

Actually she bumped my junk a few times.. If her husband found out I bet he would have beat her.. :case:

First of all, I think that it's insulting you assume she is married, and also he beats her. What is she wore that outfit for the exact reason I mentioned; that she did not want to be a visually stimulating object for men? That it has nothing to do whatsoever with religion or marriage or complacency?

Also, what makes you think her husband beats her? I know an American white woman that is now married to a Muslim. She wears a burqa BY CHOICE. She choose to marry him, she recognized those traditions and/or requirements and she chose to follow them.

She also chose her husband from others because HE DIDN'T BEAT HER. She wears a burqa and is married happily to a man. She is happy in her life. Should we not at least give her respect for that instead of insinuating she is weak and gets beat by her husband for merely bumping into someone on a moving platform for which you are standing on?

Not everyone wears a burqa because of religion. Not everyone wears a burqa because of area tradition. Not everyone wears a burqa because it sometimes symbolizes inferiority and being controlled or kept. Not everyone that wears a burqa is married. Not everyone that is married beats their spouses.

Making generalizations on that many "maybes" are just as insulting about your character as the generalizations you make.

And again, who the fuck cares? I am pretty sure there are those in other faiths or traditions or cultures that think it's awful to see undergarments being worn like those times when pants are sagging too low and exposes them. Or those times I am called a faggot and that I wear a skirt when I don my perfectly appropriate (for Scotland) kilt. Different people view different articles of clothing differently and it is wrong of you to make judgement of those people that prefer and support the fashion that is a burqa.

First of all, I think that it's insulting you assume she is married, and also he beats her. What is she wore that outfit for the exact reason I mentioned; that she did not want to be a visually stimulating object for men? That it has nothing to do whatsoever with religion or marriage or complacency?

That whole visually stimulating to men thing is crap. I recently read a couple books based on those traditions and the reason women had to cover themselves up was because if the guy saw her and got turned on and had sex with her (either through rape or consent), it was her fault for looking good in the first place, the guy took no responsibility whatsoever.

And again, who the fuck cares? I am pretty sure there are those in other faiths or traditions or cultures that think it's awful to see undergarments being worn like those times when pants are sagging too low and exposes them. Or those times I am called a faggot and that I wear a skirt when I don my perfectly appropriate (for Scotland) kilt. Different people view different articles of clothing differently and it is wrong of you to make judgement of those people that prefer and support the fashion that is a burqa.

It's not wrong to judge..

That whole visually stimulating to men thing is crap. I recently read a couple books based on those traditions and the reason women had to cover themselves up was because if the guy saw her and got turned on and had sex with her (either through rape or consent), it was her fault for looking good in the first place, the guy took no responsibility whatsoever.

My opinion is that if this is how the tradition started, this is very sketchy reasoning. Really that just points to the weakness and poor judgement that is apparently inherent in all men of that culture. That's a fairly painful insult to be honest.