Hawt The Blatantly Misogynistic Man Thread

The boy broke the tool rest on his lathe, so I asked him to try and weld it back together before we went to look for another one.

He left the ugliest booger welds I'd ever seen, looked like he'd forgotten to even turn the gas on.

I hit it with a hammer and it failed immediately.

So I ground his awful welds back, ground out a little more to give myself a spot to fill up, set the speed way lower, actually turned the gas on, and the voltage all the way high, and actually got good penetration and strength.

So now he's got a fuckin' tool rest again. Idjit.
Tangentially related, I can't remember if you have a TIG or not, but have you played with silicon bronze rods? Its the welding equivalent of JB Weld, you can just slap it on anything.

Tangentially related, I can't remember if you have a TIG or not, but have you played with silicon bronze rods? Its the welding equivalent of JB Weld, you can just slap it on anything.

No TIG here, but I do have access to a TIG machine.

I'm actually a little glad I got the practice, because I'm going to be welding a piece of all-thread to the dowel pins from underneath the GTO to make a puller, and now I feel a little more confident.

I need a manscaper. Anyone have one they love? It’s for ball hair not facial hair. He doesn’t have any of that yet.

Yes I don’t care if it’s weird his mom is getting him a man groomer. If he wants to be posh I’m okay with it.

• Haha
Reactions: fly
I need a manscaper. Anyone have one they love? It’s for ball hair not facial hair. He doesn’t have any of that yet.

Yes I don’t care if it’s weird his mom is getting him a man groomer. If he wants to be posh I’m okay with it.
Whenever I get a new one for my face the old one goes downstairs. If it works well on one it usually works well on the other.
So go with one that has good reviews for face?

It'd be weird to love something that trims your balls, but this one has worked fine for decades.

Amazon product ASIN B09MZXFJ8N

• Gravy
Reactions: kiwi

There’s a local company called bushbalm that primarily makes balms for ingrown hairs and whatnot, but they also have a trimmer that works great. My wife’s spa carries their stuff. We got one for the boy recently.

• Gravy
Reactions: kiwi
redneck hedge GIF

There’s a local company called bushbalm that primarily makes balms for ingrown hairs and whatnot, but they also have a trimmer that works great. My wife’s spa carries their stuff. We got one for the boy recently.
I'm picturing a fisher price "baby's first ball trimmer" now

I'm picturing a fisher price "baby's first ball trimmer" now
I'm not an expert, as the last time anyone took a blade down there, they had the intention to remove one and decommission the other, but I'm pretty sure you're supposed to trim the hair, not the balls.

Made good use of that turd last weekend. The boy snapped the head off the tool rest of his wood lathe (again), so I chucked up the shaft, faced it, made a 70° chamfer down the shaft. Then I took the tool rest, chucked it up and faced the spot where it broke off.

Welded it back together using the faced surfaces to keep it straight, and fill welded the 70° chamfer.

Then I chucked the whole thing back up in the 4 jaw and cut the filled part true with the rest of the shaft.

Works good again.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: fly and CletusJones
... how exactly does one snap the tool rest off. He ram it into the workpiece when spinning somehow?
1) it's from hazard fraught, so it's a piece of cheap cast shit.
2) he's turning branches I've trimmed off our ash tree, so there's a lot of removal, and I don't think he moves the tool rest enough.

Hey, if you kids had to start over with your battery based tool sets, which would you buy? I have DeWalt 20v, but one of the batteries is dying. I'd like to start buying some additional tools, but at that point I'm totally locked in. Should I stick with DeWalt?