Ontopic The 3D printing thread

This is the tool, not a foam cannon

Its a battery powered sprayer (i wouldnt call it a a pressure washer by any means, but rather a portable hose). I use it as a chemical sprayer, tree sprayer, window rinser, etc. Its super handy because its cordless water. Can run off any tank, water bucket, stream, etc.

It just would be so much more useful if the attachement mechanism was standard qd, not the proprietary ryobi qd.

This is the tool, not a foam cannon

Its a battery powered sprayer (i wouldnt call it a a pressure washer by any means, but rather a portable hose). I use it as a chemical sprayer, tree sprayer, window rinser, etc. Its super handy because its cordless water. Can run off any tank, water bucket, stream, etc.

It just would be so much more useful if the attachement mechanism was standard qd, not the proprietary ryobi qd.
So, is the attachment that broke the thing on the bottom (which I guess goes to the bottle), or one of the ones in the wand?

wand side. the water input is a standard qd.
I'd say shapeways is your best bet, but that's only because they're the only guys I've ever dealt with on that front before.

I think there are others advertised through thingiverse.

Definitely go with ABS or PETG. They're both stronger than PLA, and not as water averse as nylon. I'd plan on doing finishing work to whatever you get, and make sure it's 100% infill.

Im really not asking for whats needed, i know whats needed, im asking for a place to print that you all like

I'd say shapeways is your best bet, but that's only because they're the only guys I've ever dealt with on that front before.

I think there are others advertised through thingiverse.

Definitely go with ABS or PETG. They're both stronger than PLA, and not as water averse as nylon. I'd plan on doing finishing work to whatever you get, and make sure it's 100% infill.
Isn't ASA better than ABS? Honest question as I just so happen to have stumbled on ASA today.

Isn't ASA better than ABS? Honest question as I just so happen to have stumbled on ASA today.
I've never seen ASA printed before, so it could be better, could be worse.

In general, I think it's a tradeoff between ductility and hardness. I'd rather have a more ductile piece if you're going to be jamming it together with something else, which would still lead me to ABS.

So it turned out that my tungsten nozzle was not plug and play. Apparently it was too short to seal against whatever the pipe is called that goes through the heater block. The result was leaking out of the top of the heater block.

Just got finished disassembling everything, setting that pipe to the right depth, and putting it all back together. Prints like buttah now. yay!

So it turned out that my tungsten nozzle was not plug and play. Apparently it was too short to seal against whatever the pipe is called that goes through the heater block. The result was leaking out of the top of the heater block.

Just got finished disassembling everything, setting that pipe to the right depth, and putting it all back together. Prints like buttah now. yay!
Been wanting to go tungsten, at home and at work. Keep me updated on other shit it does or doesn't do properly?

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Been wanting to go tungsten, at home and at work. Keep me updated on other shit it does or doesn't do properly?
It's been printing great, even before this. I noticed it leaking once when printing PLA a couple of weeks ago, but then it stopped. When printing PETG a few days ago, it started leaking really badly.

The PETG print I did last night came out great, and with no leaking.