Ontopic The 3D printing thread

My oven only goes down to 170F. Is there any DIY way to dry out PETG or is a dehydrator/dry box my only way?
drybox is the cheapest option, you can get bulk dehydration pellets off amazon for cheap, and then re-dehydrate them in the oven.

edit: this video helped me with the choice

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: fly
Now I've nearly got my socket drawer tamed. Just need to make a tray for extensions and a flat 3/8" drive tray for my weird sockets (wobble, torx, short allen, spark plug, and O2 sensor).

messages_0.jpeg

Now I've nearly got my socket drawer tamed. Just need to make a tray for extensions and a flat 3/8" drive tray for my weird sockets (wobble, torx, short allen, spark plug, and O2 sensor).

View attachment 16444
Check out Gridfinity

• Gravy
Ooooo I love toolbox shit. Unfortunately carpenters always need clamp space cause you end up with like 6 ft bar clamps.

I loved my toolbox for gun stuff. Which was stolen. Kennedey box with armstrong smol tools and my micrometers and go no go gauges >.<

Electrical stuff was more thrown together, we basically couldn't carry more than lineman's and a flathead in backpockets. It was super annoying not to be allowed to wear a toolbelt. Couple people had toolbags but meh...

Last edited:
Ooooo I love toolbox shit. Unfortunately carpenters always need clamp space cause you end up with like 6 ft bar clamps.

I loved my toolbox for gun stuff. Which was stolen. Kennedey box with armstrong smol tools and my micrometers and go no go gauges >.<

Electrical stuff was more thrown together, we basically couldn't carry more than lineman's and a flathead in backpockets. It was super annoying not to be allowed to wear a toolbelt. Couple people had toolbags but meh...
Sucks that you think 3d printers are useless.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
I'm getting ready to have my roof replaced on the 28th, and circumstances and schedules have dictated that I am doing the R&R on my solar PV array.

So, I made the MC4 key out of ABS to safely disconnect the connectors.

IMG_20220910_143413355.jpg

Hopefully I can safely disconnect them without breaking things. They've been up there since 2016, so I don't have a lot of hope, and will probably order some spare MC4 connectors just to have on hand.

• Gravy
Reactions: gee
Made some drill bushings to try and center up a drill on the dowel pins on the GTO's motor with a right angle 3/16" drill. Right angle drill not pictured, as it's currently at my folks' house with the Pontiac.

IMG_20220912_164815873_HDR.jpg

• Gravy