Ontopic The 3D printing thread

Gotcha. Yeah, a 6-32 Machine screw seems to fit the hole (.125-.15" such a huge disparity in sizes. Each hole is different sized. So dumb)

Was going to use the neoprene on both sides of each of them so I should have a good bit of squeeze that'll hold it without being firm.

This is starting to come together nicely.

Had printed posts holding the board in place previously. Didn't work cause of the max diameter (1/8" I think. Weak as shit. Two snapped while printing. One when installing.)

Redesigned the case to hold it with screws and allow me to reroute the wiring for a little better cable management.

Just need to zip tie excess underneath.

63974be746a8db204c54c23142c4a115.jpg

0856ea17edb4ce0ba3cd2946f2b4bb2c.jpg

75d4771a64008ef23ee170e9d249fff7.jpg

Hey, can you find or take a picture of the slot where your dildo goes in? I'm still thinking I should reinforce the tabs, either making them thicker or adding a bit of triangular bracing between the tabs and the body if I can.

If all goes well I'll be printing it tomorrow.

Ugh.

@gee, every time I find someone who has a 3D printer, they find some kind of excuse not to print my dildo.

Can you help? I'll pay your costs!

Pastebin of my dildo

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
wtf does the dash dildo do?
The clock in the lower right of this image is gone in my car (it didn't work, so I pulled it out, and had replaced it with a boost controller).
2din_cover_nomal.jpg

Now the boost controller is gone, and the dash dildo will go in its place to be a dock for my iPod Nano to sit in.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
It's made on a 3D printer, so it's automatically a dildo.
Well then, I should start updating my drawings here for things that get printed on the Ultimaker.

"base plate" --> "dildo"
"hydrophone/solenoid holder" --> "dildo"
"sensor endcap"--> "dildo"

Then update the assembly drawing. "Using #6 plastite screws, attach the dildo to the dildo"

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Well then, I should start updating my drawings here for things that get printed on the Ultimaker.

"base plate" --> "dildo"
"hydrophone/solenoid holder" --> "dildo"
"sensor endcap"--> "dildo"

Then update the assembly drawing. "Using #6 plastite screws, attach the dildo to the dildo"
I once wrote a linked list class that used gay sex metaphors for variable names.

Didn't win me any friends at work.

Thanks Jehannum. I was giving a new sales assistant a tour of R&D this morning, and the Ultimaker was printing something. "That is so cool! what's it making?"

"Not really sure, probably some little experiment our mechanical guy is trying out. With this printer we can mock up different ideas for things and see how they fit together, before we pay the money to get something injection molded or machined in quantity. It's really changed how we do things around here, it's great."

The whole time I was giving that spiel, in the back of my head I was thinking "Dildos! This is the fabulous dildo making machine. It makes dildos!"

Thanks Jehannum. I was giving a new sales assistant a tour of R&D this morning, and the Ultimaker was printing something. "That is so cool! what's it making?"

"Not really sure, probably some little experiment our mechanical guy is trying out. With this printer we can mock up different ideas for things and see how they fit together, before we pay the money to get something injection molded or machined in quantity. It's really changed how we do things around here, it's great."

The whole time I was giving that spiel, in the back of my head I was thinking "Dildos! This is the fabulous dildo making machine. It makes dildos!"
I'm here all week, remember to tip your waitress.

• Gravy
Reactions: gee
so whats the size limit for the average 3d printer? For example, i had to make this thing the other night that was 16.25x5.5 thats probably too big for any 3d printer right?

so whats the size limit for the average 3d printer? For example, i had to make this thing the other night that was 16.25x5.5 thats probably too big for any 3d printer right?
Most home printers, yeah
I have one that 10x10x10 inches
Most desktop printers are in the 6x6x6 range
The makerbot I have at work tho is 10x10x20 or something like that
Youll probably have to print it in pieces and put them together

mm, that could work. You can probably print integral pins and stuff to piece sections together right?

cool.

I spend three hours last night making something outta wood. It worked, but i wonder if i coulda printed it.