Ontopic The 3D printing thread

Wish I knew why the supports give such a good surface and release so easily in one direction and not the other.

Good
5a5bd233e7372d5c6e096ba68cbd69d4.jpg

Bad

b520ecbdfd394e886332412c66851832.jpg

90 degrees separates them. Beyond that nothing different.

Looks like rectilinear support. Maybe the slicer is doing something stupid like bridging the 1st part layer in the same direction as the last support layer. Try a different support pattern and see what happens.

Also, what are you using for a slicer? we've switched to Simplify3D at work and holy fuck, it's so much better at supports than anything else.

@gee

Gotta rejigger the board support. Need to put a screw through these holes. Figured I would ensure it was insulated from the screw to prevent anything kinky.

Think just a buna rubber washer will take care of it? Should I go with something else? Should I do anything fancy with the screws? Get nylon or something?

Also, to the slicing, usually I use prontrface which (I believe) uses cura for slicing. The print above was done on a Flashforge Creator X using Makerbot's software, though.

a171f890298220e85f24dc4cad20eeb4.jpg

@gee

Gotta rejigger the board support. Need to put a screw through these holes. Figured I would ensure it was insulated from the screw to prevent anything kinky.

Think just a buna rubber washer will take care of it? Should I go with something else? Should I do anything fancy with the screws? Get nylon or something?

Also, to the slicing, usually I use prontrface which (I believe) uses cura for slicing. The print above was done on a Flashforge Creator X using Makerbot's software, though.

a171f890298220e85f24dc4cad20eeb4.jpg
Store had neoprene washers and fiber in stock. Grabbed enough of both to do the job and kept the receipt.

Ugh.

@gee, every time I find someone who has a 3D printer, they find some kind of excuse not to print my dildo.

Can you help? I'll pay your costs!

Pastebin of my dildo
Sure. Printer's apart right now but I'll have it back together in a couple days. I've got black PETG which looks like this:

170801461IMG201708011203231.jpg

Got everything adjusted for your car? The 2mm tabs that hold it to the dash look a bit thin, I feel like they should be beefed up, but maybe they're fine.

Sure. Printer's apart right now but I'll have it back together in a couple days. I've got black PETG which looks like this:

170801461IMG201708011203231.jpg

Got everything adjusted for your car? The 2mm tabs that hold it to the dash look a bit thin, I feel like they should be beefed up, but maybe they're fine.
The measurements are fine, but if you wanted to beef the tabs up, I'm not opposed.

And that plastic will be perfect. I can sand it and buff it, right?

As-is, the dash dildo requires 101.15g of plastic, at $36/kg CAD that's $3.64. It'll cost probably $10 to ship.

Hop on 3dhubs.com and see what you can get it done for locally, might be comparable.

The measurements are fine, but if you wanted to beef the tabs up, I'm not opposed.

And that plastic will be perfect. I can sand it and buff it, right?
It's the same material that soda bottles are made of, more or less.

If you want something you can polish smooth, I'd get it done local on 3dhubs, and find someone to print it using ABS. Then vapor polish it with acetone (lots of guides online)

As-is, the dash dildo requires 101.15g of plastic, at $36/kg CAD that's $3.64. It'll cost probably $10 to ship.

Hop on 3dhubs.com and see what you can get it done for locally, might be comparable.
I'm more than happy to kick $20 over to you to get 'er done.

gee, should I use those washers or return them?

Got all my shit hangin out here. Need to know if those will fuck something over.
Oh, whoops. Yeah, use plastic or rubber washers, either is fine, as long as the screw threads don't bite into the PCB (so don't use a wood screw) and don't crank it down too tight and warp the PCB or break through the washer and short stuff out.