Tesla Motors gets $$

i agree with giving tesla motors money, they're developing alot of technology in the electric car field, even if it is currently packaged as a sports car. it's alot of good R&D that should be very usefull in the long run.

especially when combined with wind, solar, and nuke plants.

If you agree with giving a company money, then by all means invest in them since that technology could turn out to be beneficial for our future and to your pocketbook as an investor if it pays off.

In the meantime, why are they getting the money? Is their risky business venture not successful? If that's the case I have a pizza joint going under that could use some help.

Last edited:
the idea of the stimulus was to invest in companies to create jobs in the private industry/commercial sector... this doesnt include the service industry in which we already have an over abundance of. this includes putting money into R&D in a company that has done alot more in making an electric car than the big 3 in detroit.

not every business will work out. this one has alot of potential for long term success though, especially in the industry sector.

the point is the technology needs advancement and the only way to do that is to start getting these cars out there...being an early adopter of any technology is always expensive

Electric has been done to death. This isnt even close to new technology, or better, it is venture capital in a 'performance' motor company.

Yes, this obviously looks like the sort of company developing the future of basic transportation, with a $100k carbon fiber roadster. http://www.teslamotors.com/

Electric was successful. The owners of the old GM EV-1s had the cars pried from their hands after the test run. The main problems are that the energy source is coal and batteries are quite heavy and take up a bit of space.

The recharge time is excessive on some of the electric cars as well IIRC, but they're fantastic for city distances.

There's fully electric Rav-4's out there, not sure how many. I know most went to California but there's one in my neighborhood here.

Those GM EV-1s are just sitting in a junkyard somewhere too, I think.

The recharge time is excessive on some of the electric cars as well IIRC, but they're fantastic for city distances.

There's fully electric Rav-4's out there, not sure how many. I know most went to California but there's one in my neighborhood here.

all got crushed.

that's terrible...not surprised coming from detroit though...I used to see one a couple times a week on my commute to work around 2001

Mass media and cultural perception kills things faster than any one company though. Hybrids have a certain cannotation attatched to them, like minivans, and so on.

Basically, people are stupid sheep, high school never ends, and blaming something (the car companies, the government etc.) for your problems is easier than admitting a total lack of consumer demand.

Otherwise, public rail systems wouldnt have to be subsidised and more people would walk places or live in the city.