GAY Talk me into, or out of, buying a kindle

Moreso than carrying a phone and a kindle?

Then why get a kindle over a real book? Having to depend on battery power to read a book would annoy the f*ck out of me.

carry it where? from your bedroom to your coffee table maybe? I can see how that would be pretty taxing :p

Contrary to popular belief, I do read books on occasion.
Harlequin novels are awesome.
But I dont want to keep stuffing my bookcase full of paper backs when I can be putting better stuff up there, like xbox games and lady gaga CDs.

Ive been looking at the non-3g one here:
http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wirele...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1275407542&pf_rd_i=507846

Yay , nay?

Also, I notice it reads PDFs natively, wonder how it would work with technical drawings in that format? It may be handy in meetings.

Why don't you just pay the $50 extra bucks for the 3g?

Its really not worth in imo... Especially if you have a phone with wifi tethering like drool does.

Or any coffee shop that has wifi. or his house because has wifi (PM me for password, fellow stalkers).

i've been considering the 3g new small kindle, but from everything i've read it absolutely blows at handling pdf's. forget about schematics and shit in pdfs...

I have 20/16 vision which I can only assume is a lot better than yours because you wear glasses and it would still annoy the fuck out of me. \
fly's old too :p

Oooohhh defensive, are we? I wasn't talking about your sight, you old people hate new technology. ex. touch screens

Oooohhh defensive, are we? I wasn't talking about your sight, you old people hate new technology. ex. touch screens

setting you straight because you're an idiot makes me defensive? good one! :p
I'm a fucking IT person dummy. if course I don't hate new technology. I hate iphones because they lack a kb but that doesn't equate to hating touchscreens. derp

setting you straight because you're an idiot makes me defensive? good one! :p
I'm a fucking IT person dummy. if course I don't hate new technology. I hate iphones because they lack a kb but that doesn't equate to hating touchscreens. derp
So you're saying you were not on the touch screen hate band wagon ever?

I'm saying the reason I hate the iphone is due to lack of kb, not because it has a touchscreen and that's what I always contended when we discussed this before. I don't like typing on tiny touchscreens. kb and touchscreen is the way to go.