Sweeeet. Scholarships and hand-outs, here I come!!!

ChikkenNoodul said:
Just speak the language is all I ask, I don't care what else they do

Otherwise we'd end up having food like England too :barf:

Hey, what's wrong with boiled pot roast?

ChikkenNoodul said:
Yes please, thanks.

May I have another delicious serving of the overcooked black pudding?
My god, how anyone could stomach that for their breakfast. Tell me you didn't eat it while you were here... :puke:

Galen said:
My god, how anyone could stomach that for their breakfast. Tell me you didn't eat it while you were here... :puke:
I tried it once, because I was starving after the flight and I was curious.

That whole meal was disgusting, that funky UK sausage that tastes like a hot dog, baked beans and funny mushrooms, this nasty bread, and the lovely burnt black pudding.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I tried it once, because I was starving after the flight and I was curious.

That whole meal was disgusting, that funky UK sausage that tastes like a hot dog, baked beans and funny mushrooms, this nasty bread, and the lovely burnt black pudding.
Irish Breakfast is similar, except we don't use black pudding. It's mainly sausages, bacon, eggs, and two different types of irish bread. It's good, but I could never stomach it in the morning. It would make me vomit in no time.

White pudding is similar to black pudding, except it doesn't contain blood. I wouldn't fucking eat it either though :p

Galen said:
Irish Breakfast is similar, except we don't use black pudding. It's mainly sausages, bacon, eggs, and two different types of irish bread. It's good, but I could never stomach it in the morning. It would make me vomit in no time.

White pudding is similar to black pudding, except it doesn't contain blood. I wouldn't fucking eat it either though :p

Aren't these "puddings" you speak of actually some unholy kind of stiff gravy? Where I come from pudding is served for dessert, contains less than one natural ingredient, and causes cancer.

itburnswhenipee said:
Aren't these "puddings" you speak of actually some unholy kind of stiff gravy? Where I come from pudding is served for dessert, contains less than one natural ingredient, and causes cancer.
It's an english thing, god knows what those twats were thinking

ChikkenNoodul said:
Just speak the language is all I ask, I don't care what else they do

Otherwise we'd end up having food like England too :barf:

That's all I want too. I just remember in high school, they had to hire "assistants" to follow some of the kids around to their classes all day and translate for them (so that means, one for each kid that doesn't speak english). Why are our taxes being spent on that when they could actually be doing something usefull? :mad:

kiwi said:
That's all I want too. I just remember in high school, they had to hire "assistants" to follow some of the kids around to their classes all day and translate for them (so that means, one for each kid that doesn't speak english). Why are our taxes being spent on that when they could actually be doing something usefull? :mad:
I grew up in a small town, when I was in 6th grade a Belgian family moved into town with a daughter in the grade just below me. She spoke pretty much zero English, they gave her some breaks but she basically just had to learn as she went.

I think she ended up graduating high school near the top of her class...

ChikkenNoodul said:
Yes, but OUR ancesters learned to speak english. (And half of mine came over speaking Russian or Polish)

There's more Chinese immigrants around here than Spanish speaking I swear, but I don't see ATM's in Cantonese.
And THEIR ancestors learned to speak Spanish. I mean really, who cares? They exist. No amount of laws can change that. Ignoring it only makes it a safety and security risk.

fly said:
And THEIR ancestors learned to speak Spanish. I mean really, who cares? They exist. No amount of laws can change that. Ignoring it only makes it a safety and security risk.
I mean OUR ancesters learned after they came here, there seems to be a decided lack of effort to learn from certain people.

It's laziness, and I don't want my tax dollars paying for other people's laziness.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I mean OUR ancesters learned after they came here, there seems to be a decided lack of effort to learn from certain people.

It's laziness, and I don't want my tax dollars paying for other people's laziness.
So should we offer free English classes? How do we solve this "problem"? You can't just ignore a huge segment of the population...

fly said:
So should we offer free English classes? How do we solve this "problem"? You can't just ignore a huge segment of the population...
Learn or suffer, I'm not sure why people need to be catered to when they're quite capable of learning on their own - I mean everyone else has done it somehow.

I wouldn't move to Malaysia and expect there to be signs everywhere in English, restaurant menus in English, hospitals that speak my language, retail stores speak my language, etc.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Learn or suffer, I'm not sure why people need to be catered to when they're quite capable of learning on their own - I mean everyone else has done it somehow.

I wouldn't move to Malaysia and expect there to be signs everywhere in English, restaurant menus in English, hospitals that speak my language, retail stores speak my language, etc.
But look what happens when enough of you move somewhere...