Supreme Court Takes Giant Crap on America

smileynev said:
Our system, while fallible, is probably the best we can do as human beings. As such, is it better to tear it down and rebuild the exact same thing or change it from within.
you can never totally cut away the fat. how many government jobs are there now simply because 40 years ago we needed the position? TONS.

Gotta be rebuilt from the ground up.

fly said:
you can never totally cut away the fat. how many government jobs are there now simply because 40 years ago we needed the position? TONS.

Gotta be rebuilt from the ground up.

Now you're just being a pessimist. While it would be easier to build from the ground up, how many lives would be lost in the process? How disruptive to our daily living would that be?

smileynev said:
Now you're just being a pessimist. While it would be easier to build from the ground up, how many lives would be lost in the process? How disruptive to our daily living would that be?

If the Framers had thought like you, Nev, there wouldn't be a USA. We'd still be a British colony. Or maybe a German one, at this point.

:fly:

smileynev said:
People don't want to give up what they have. It would require a new government to define the scope of the country. I'd suggest people like Rush Limbaugh and Al Franken. The people inside the government already are too confortable with what they have to make rational decisions.

We have actors and pro wrestlers as governors, so I say let's elect a drug lord to the White House. Or a pimp. Actually, let's just take turns. Each citizen gets about a tenth of a second per year as president, and we all try to do as good a job as we can.

Fat Burger said:
We have actors and pro wrestlers as governors, so I say let's elect a drug lord to the White House. Or a pimp. Actually, let's just take turns. Each citizen gets about a tenth of a second per year as president, and we all try to do as good a job as we can.
:lol:

IM VOTING FOR THE BURGER!

Sarcasmo said:
Hey, Al Franken's funny as hell. I'd go with him.
ok, I can't really comment on his politics (rush just seems like an douchebag in general) but to say franken is funny....dude

did you buy your sense of humor from an amish furniture store or something? :p

Sarcasmo said:
If the Framers had thought like you, Nev, there wouldn't be a USA. We'd still be a British colony. Or maybe a German one, at this point.

:fly:

They had a lot more that they were fighting for. Plus they were all rich white guys

fly said:
People don't want to give up what they have. It would require a new government to define the scope of the country. I'd suggest people like Rush Limbaugh and Al Franken. The people inside the government already are too confortable with what they have to make rational decisions.

The people outside of the government outweigh the people on the inside. It would take a lot of work, but with the right leaders and people in place, the government could be turned into what it already should be, a body of elected officials who represent the people.

In other words, a bunch of dudes who get together for a couple of times a year, make a couple of laws, drink some beer, and scare a few third world countries.

Sarcasmo said:
Yay for the government cornholing our liberties

So anyway, now the supreme court of the land has announced that cities can actually seize our homes and businesses and sell them to private companies to build such treasured institutions as shopping malls. As a member of the legal field, this baffles the living fuck out of me.

I hope private citizens open fire on whomever attempts to seize their property, because I think that would shock everyone into remembering the principles this country was founded on, and just how seriously we used to take this stuff.

It's still your property until you sign right?

Time to put up the sign Trespassers will be shot on sight.

kiwi said:
That gave up everything for this country.

Umm, many of them were still rich afterwards. And to give up everything to be known as some of the greatest Americans, and possibly human beings, to ever walk the face of the earth? Well, you can't buy that kind of immortality.

FlyNavy said:
ok, I can't really comment on his politics (rush just seems like an douchebag in general) but to say franken is funny....dude

did you buy your sense of humor from an amish furniture store or something? :p

He's witty. I appreciate wit since 90% of humor these days is swearing and making fun of people. To dryly make fun of someone is sight for sore ears.

smileynev said:
Umm, many of them were still rich afterwards. And to give up everything to be known as some of the greatest Americans, and possibly human beings, to ever walk the face of the earth? Well, you can't buy that kind of immortality.

I don't see what wealth has to do with. It just means they had that much more to lose, and they didn't care. They still fought and triumphed.

Sarcasmo said:
I don't see what wealth has to do with. It just means they had that much more to lose, and they didn't care. They still fought and triumphed.

They did it for the girls.

Sarcasmo said:
He's witty. I appreciate wit since 90% of humor these days is swearing and making fun of people. To dryly make fun of someone is sight for sore ears.
yeah but I hate the way he talks almost as much as I hate the way ray romano talks. their voices make me want to rip out my spleen just so I have something to throw at them

What would you do
If you had to give up your dreams for freedom?
What would you do
If asked to make the ultimate sacrifice?
Would ya think about all those people
Who gave up everything they had?
Would ya think about all them war vets
And would ya start to feel bad?

Oh freedom isn't free
It costs folks like you an' me
And if we don't all chip in we'll never pay that bill
Freedom isn't free
Naw there's a hefty fuckin' fee
And if you don't throw in your buck o' five
Who will?

What would you do
If someone told you to fight for freedom.
Would you answer the call
Or run away like a little pussy
'Cause the only reason that you're here.
Is 'cause folks died for you in the past
So maybe now it's your turn
To die kicking some ass

Freedom isn't free
It costs folks like you and me
And if we don't all chip in
We'll never pay that bill
Freedom isn't free
Now there's a hefty fuckin' fee
And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
Who will?

You don't throw in your buck 'o five. Who will?
Oooh buck 'o five
Freedom costs a buck 'o five

FlyNavy said:
What would you do
If you had to give up your dreams for freedom?
What would you do
If asked to make the ultimate sacrifice?
Would ya think about all those people
Who gave up everything they had?
Would ya think about all them war vets
And would ya start to feel bad?

Oh freedom isn't free
It costs folks like you an' me
And if we don't all chip in we'll never pay that bill
Freedom isn't free
Naw there's a hefty fuckin' fee
And if you don't throw in your buck o' five
Who will?

What would you do
If someone told you to fight for freedom.
Would you answer the call
Or run away like a little pussy
'Cause the only reason that you're here.
Is 'cause folks died for you in the past
So maybe now it's your turn
To die kicking some ass

Freedom isn't free
It costs folks like you and me
And if we don't all chip in
We'll never pay that bill
Freedom isn't free
Now there's a hefty fuckin' fee
And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
Who will?

You don't throw in your buck 'o five. Who will?
Oooh buck 'o five
Freedom costs a buck 'o five

Did you write that? Its...beautiful.