Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

My new builder sent me progress pics! After only a week!
Maybe a lifetime of dealing with manic depressive luthiers has come to a close.
Says the ebony should be in tomorrow.
Says the clearcoat needs to cure for about a month before he can do a final sand or somesuch.

I'm blown away by a luthier who doesn't end up on a psyche ward once or twice during the year he's supposed to finish my bass in 90 days.
Wow.

Apparently Audacity doesn't have options for midi so I've downloaded Tracktion 8. It came free with a mixer I bought about a year ago. I should have it figured out in a few weeks.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Apparently Audacity doesn't have options for midi so I've downloaded Tracktion 8. It came free with a mixer I bought about a year ago. I should have it figured out in a few weeks.
Unless you were hoping to manipulate the MIDI, like changing instruments assigned to channels, etc., wouldn't just recording from the keyboard's output be sufficient?

Unless you were hoping to manipulate the MIDI, like changing instruments assigned to channels, etc., wouldn't just recording from the keyboard's output be sufficient?
I do want to manipulate it with plugins and synchronize any sloppy playing. There are apps that let me do that and then import into Audacity but I wasn't that familiar with Audacity anyway so there's no reason to do in two steps what I can do in one.

Also, Tracktion has been giving me no issues with latency and it seems to sound better. The GUI is convoluted but Audacity isn't winning any prizes in that department either.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and adi
I bought new strings for my bass. I don’t play it very often but was still surprised to see the last string change was Feb ‘18.

That’s still new for some brands, D’Addario EXLs not so much.
Can I have the ones you took off? I might be able to break them in after only another year of playing.

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: adi and Immigrant