Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

What?

Sponge or foam under the strings at the bridge. The thicker or more dense the foam the more it deadens.
Ah yes that I have heard of. Never thought of using a sponge but I've tried it with foam. To me it didn't sound like a dead string thud, more of a lifeless cloonk.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Ah yes that I have heard of. Never thought of using a sponge but I've tried it with foam. To me it didn't sound like a dead string thud, more of a lifeless cloonk.

Maybe try smaller size pieces of different/lighter sponges. Doesn't take much just to reduce a little treble and sustain without running all the way into lifeless cloonk.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and OOD
This cab is broke. I need to get a new female plug for it. But for now it functions as a chair for the computer, bench for the keyboard, and a weight bench. It would be easy to fix but atm it has plenty of functions.
20200518_210747.jpg

Seems whenever I hear complaints about TC electronics gear, it's almost always about the jacks breaking.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
OMG - what a small world moment. I was standing in the parking lot of the warehouse for the new job, waiting for some roofers to show up. Guy gets out of a car and is heading toward the building across the way "isp Technolgies" with a guitar in hand. I speak up,"I remember being able to take a guitar into work". We start talking, then his wife shows up - they OWN ISP. Makers of some of @Strings and @adi's favorite toys. I think. Now I'm hoping to snag a rebuild of their website. Damn is it crap.

https//www.isptechnologies.com/portfolio/beta-bass-preamp-pedal/

OMG - what a small world moment. I was standing in the parking lot of the warehouse for the new job, waiting for some roofers to show up. Guy gets out of a car and is heading toward the building across the way "isp Technolgies" with a guitar in hand. I speak up,"I remember being able to take a guitar into work". We start talking, then his wife shows up - they OWN ISP. Makers of some of @Strings and @adi's favorite toys. I think. Now I'm hoping to snag a rebuild of their website. Damn is it crap.

https//www.isptechnologies.com/portfolio/beta-bass-preamp-pedal/

way cool eddie baba :) they make good stuff :)