Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

wetwille

Vegan Bow Hunter
May 24, 2018
Mid MIchigan
Marklar
53,753.48₥
Are Retrovibes now considered Chickenbackers? I thought they were inspired by Ric, not direct knockoffs.

As far as pass me Meshuggah for mecornflakes, I’m unfamiliar (too deathy for me I guess) but I always thought Warwick Dolphin basses looked comfy.
Retrovibe only did that one for a short while(maybe they still do a 4). Yeah, it's not a direct rip-off, body is actually different on both horns and the headstock is Fender-style. And the neck is bolt on. I'm totally over neck-thru design, I've got electronics that provide much better "endless sustain" than that shit.
It's funny, the Retrovibe is the one I've been playing the most. Few months ago I sat in with a friends group for a gig and the first the drummer(my bud) said was "wow, sweet Ric!":fly:
The Dolphin looks nice but I've never played a Warwick I could get even a micro-boner for.

Immigrant

full of tales of hot tail
Apr 26, 2016
Marklar
43,313.59₥
Retrovibe only did that one for a short while(maybe they still do a 4). Yeah, it's not a direct rip-off, body is actually different on both horns and the headstock is Fender-style. And the neck is bolt on. I'm totally over neck-thru design, I've got electronics that provide much better "endless sustain" than that shit.
It's funny, the Retrovibe is the one I've been playing the most. Few months ago I sat in with a friends group for a gig and the first the drummer(my bud) said was "wow, sweet Ric!":fly:
The Dolphin looks nice but I've never played a Warwick I could get even a micro-boner for.
Meh. Not a direct copy, your friend was a dummy. The Schecter Stargazer wasn’t a copy either, but definitely was inspired by.

Opinions, a-holes, you know.

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: adi and wetwille

wetwille

Vegan Bow Hunter
May 24, 2018
Mid MIchigan
Marklar
53,753.48₥
Meh. Not a direct copy, your friend was a dummy. The Schecter Stargazer wasn’t a copy either, but definitely was inspired by.

Opinions, a-holes, you know.
CHillax broham. My friend is a drummer, not a dummy. He was being friendly in his usually fashion which is a bit exuberant, which is a lot of fun since he is 6'5" and looks like a lumberjack had sex with grizzly. He's not a gear hound and doesn't know a Fender from a Fedora hat. He liked the color too ;)

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and adi

Frau Blugher

Eddie owes me one.
Apr 26, 2016
Marklar
31,244.05₥
Is it just me or does the Warwick headstock not go with the Dolphin body ?
Seems a mismatch , new design body , how did they miss the new headstock to go with ?
I know , i'm picking nits .

• Gravy
Reactions: adi

adi

Brown Thunder
Apr 16, 2016
Marklar
65,775.22₥
Are Retrovibes now considered Chickenbackers? I thought they were inspired by Ric, not direct knockoffs.

As far as pass me Meshuggah for mecornflakes, I’m unfamiliar (too deathy for me I guess) but I always thought Warwick Dolphin basses looked comfy.
theyre quite heavy immi baba :)

• Sad
Reactions: Immigrant

wetwille

Vegan Bow Hunter
May 24, 2018
Mid MIchigan
Marklar
53,753.48₥
Is it just me or does the Warwick headstock not go with the Dolphin body ?
Seems a mismatch , new design body , how did they miss the new headstock to go with ?
I know , i'm picking nits .
It's not just you. It wouldn't be a Warwick without that paddle. German engineering -pfffff!

Move on to nicking pits - that chicks armpits are scary!!!!

OOD

Yet ANOTHER ! Beautiful Bearded Rashner
Apr 16, 2016
Marklar
42,898.12₥
Ordered a GHS Pressurewound phosphor bronze .120 yesterday. Oh how I hate the D'ADARRIO 130 that's on the bass now.
$15.38 including shipping.
The blowjob business is good!
Albeit busy.
You have those on an acoustic? How do they sound overall?