Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

Are Retrovibes now considered Chickenbackers? I thought they were inspired by Ric, not direct knockoffs.

As far as pass me Meshuggah for mecornflakes, I’m unfamiliar (too deathy for me I guess) but I always thought Warwick Dolphin basses looked comfy.
Retrovibe only did that one for a short while(maybe they still do a 4). Yeah, it's not a direct rip-off, body is actually different on both horns and the headstock is Fender-style. And the neck is bolt on. I'm totally over neck-thru design, I've got electronics that provide much better "endless sustain" than that shit.
It's funny, the Retrovibe is the one I've been playing the most. Few months ago I sat in with a friends group for a gig and the first the drummer(my bud) said was "wow, sweet Ric!":fly:
The Dolphin looks nice but I've never played a Warwick I could get even a micro-boner for.

Retrovibe only did that one for a short while(maybe they still do a 4). Yeah, it's not a direct rip-off, body is actually different on both horns and the headstock is Fender-style. And the neck is bolt on. I'm totally over neck-thru design, I've got electronics that provide much better "endless sustain" than that shit.
It's funny, the Retrovibe is the one I've been playing the most. Few months ago I sat in with a friends group for a gig and the first the drummer(my bud) said was "wow, sweet Ric!":fly:
The Dolphin looks nice but I've never played a Warwick I could get even a micro-boner for.

Meh. Not a direct copy, your friend was a dummy. The Schecter Stargazer wasn’t a copy either, but definitely was inspired by.

Opinions, a-holes, you know.

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: adi and wetwillie
Meh. Not a direct copy, your friend was a dummy. The Schecter Stargazer wasn’t a copy either, but definitely was inspired by.

Opinions, a-holes, you know.
CHillax broham. My friend is a drummer, not a dummy. He was being friendly in his usually fashion which is a bit exuberant, which is a lot of fun since he is 6'5" and looks like a lumberjack had sex with grizzly. He's not a gear hound and doesn't know a Fender from a Fedora hat. He liked the color too ;)

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and adi
Is it just me or does the Warwick headstock not go with the Dolphin body ?
Seems a mismatch , new design body , how did they miss the new headstock to go with ?
I know , i'm picking nits .

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Are Retrovibes now considered Chickenbackers? I thought they were inspired by Ric, not direct knockoffs.

As far as pass me Meshuggah for mecornflakes, I’m unfamiliar (too deathy for me I guess) but I always thought Warwick Dolphin basses looked comfy.
theyre quite heavy immi baba :)

• Sad
Reactions: Immigrant
Is it just me or does the Warwick headstock not go with the Dolphin body ?
Seems a mismatch , new design body , how did they miss the new headstock to go with ?
I know , i'm picking nits .
It's not just you. It wouldn't be a Warwick without that paddle. German engineering -pfffff!

Move on to nicking pits - that chicks armpits are scary!!!!

Ordered a GHS Pressurewound phosphor bronze .120 yesterday. Oh how I hate the D'ADARRIO 130 that's on the bass now.
$15.38 including shipping.
The blowjob business is good!
Albeit busy.
You have those on an acoustic? How do they sound overall?

underlined part.
Who knows with Nukes mix matching all the time. Which is why I asked. All that can be know from that post is which B string is on there now and which B string is going to be on there later.

Nothing wrong with mixing string either. It works out great sometimes.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and wetwillie