Ontopic Springtime Thread 2015

SHDaNZJ.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
We figured since we don't use the bavkyard for much else, we'd extend the gardening and are adding two more raised beds. We got one done and corn planted, plus I'm rooting suckers from my tomato plants to put two more in the last plot, plus adding a cantaloupe and assorted peppers. We also planted potatoes last weekend and have onions sprouting.

Been eating broccoli for a couple weeks and it's far superior to store bought stuff. Going to try and grow enough to freeze a bunch this fall. Should be eating zucchini and peas in the next couple weeks and the tomato plants are loading up with green tomatoes.

The strawberries aren't doing much unfortunately so I put them in a pot for greater flexibility and will just try to grow them over the summer and rethink their permanent home after it cools down.

My husband said I can't do chickens though since our backyard is tiny. I tried really hard to convince him. :(

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
I went to clear the garden for tilling the other day, and its a soggy mess still. Way too wet, hope it dries out soon.

We figured since we don't use the bavkyard for much else, we'd extend the gardening and are adding two more raised beds. We got one done and corn planted, plus I'm rooting suckers from my tomato plants to put two more in the last plot, plus adding a cantaloupe and assorted peppers. We also planted potatoes last weekend and have onions sprouting.

Been eating broccoli for a couple weeks and it's far superior to store bought stuff. Going to try and grow enough to freeze a bunch this fall. Should be eating zucchini and peas in the next couple weeks and the tomato plants are loading up with green tomatoes.

The strawberries aren't doing much unfortunately so I put them in a pot for greater flexibility and will just try to grow them over the summer and rethink their permanent home after it cools down.

My husband said I can't do chickens though since our backyard is tiny. I tried really hard to convince him. :(

Do like two chickens! you dont need a lot of space.

well, evict the tramp. He's not paying rent, besides, tramps are notoriously unreliable people, and they dont produce eggs.

• Gravy
Reactions: kiwi