Ontopic Springtime Thread 2015

if soil temps are above 40, its good to go in. 45 is better, but if its not too soggy 40 will be fine.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I spread out some Weed N Feed on my yard the other day while I was planting some new peppers and 'maters.

Half the lawn is dead now because it was all weeds.

I dont much like herbicides, and "green is green" for the most part for me, whether its weeds or grass, but i am curious.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I spread out some Weed N Feed on my yard the other day while I was planting some new peppers and 'maters.

Half the lawn is dead now because it was all weeds.
We've tried that with little success. Our soil sucks.

I don't like weeds. You have a couple acres of lawn to deal with, doesn't really make sense for you to go through all that trouble, but with the postage stamp I have... meh

I might buy some seeds in the next month when I'm sure that the cold is gone.

I dont much like herbicides, and "green is green" for the most part for me, whether its weeds or grass, but i am curious.
That's been how I feel too. I once cared about having a beautiful lawn, but after I learned about all the chemicals to get it there... I'm Meh about it.

We do have dirt patches I need to fill up with something green. Tried planting clover, but it didn't take well either.

The lawn looks way better than it did like 5 years ago. Our soil is slowly getting better. We now have a sprinkler system and I've been using the proper fertilizer for the past couple years. Unless you lay down sod, it takes time. However, I forgot to put down a pre-emergent this year. Whoops.

My garden list:

Green peas
Corn
Cabbage
Turnips
Carrots
Potatoes
Afghan Kush
Northern Lights
AK-47
Silver Haze

OK, maybe not the last of that.