Spin Off Thread: Kiwi & KNYTE go to AZ

I just glanced at my employee handbook and my work says if you're fired or leave on your own you will be paid out any unused vacation time except for the 8 hours they give your for your birthday. Sweet. So even if I was to get fired I would get paid money worth a little more than 2 months salary. I like to keep a little vacation safety net like that out there just in case I run over the bosses foot etc.

Nope, at least in Illinios, according to the IL department of labor an employee is entitled to all vacation time accumulated up to the point of separation... doesn't matter who terminates the relationship. The only way they can get you on it is to say something like... you earn 7 hours a month vacation time, and you leave in January, they only have to pay you 7 hours. You are not entitled to compensation for personal or sick time.. only vacation.

Utah hates employees and has no such law.

I just glanced at my employee handbook and my work says if you're fired or leave on your own you will be paid out any unused vacation time except for the 8 hours they give your for your birthday. Sweet. So even if I was to get fired I would get paid money worth a little more than 2 months salary. I like to keep a little vacation safety net like that out there just in case I run over the bosses foot etc.

USG schools pay out all vacation hours in full upon termination of employment for any reason. I have almost $5,000 worth of vacation hours stored up. I call that my relocation expense fund for when I land a new job.

USG schools pay out all vacation hours in full upon termination of employment for any reason. I have almost $5,000 worth of vacation hours stored up. I call that my relocation expense fund for when I land a new job.

How is the job hunting going? Maybe you can be the limo driver on days BeeRad wants off.

How is the job hunting going? Maybe you can be the limo driver on days BeeRad wants off.

:lol: don't think I haven't thunk it. I doubt they could afford me *rides off of high horse* :fly:

but I have just applied for an assistant director of IR job at a university in PA. It looks like the job description was written specifically for me. Sent the app in this morning, I'm crossing my fingers.

Last edited:
:lol: don't think I haven't thunk it. I doubt they could afford me *rides off of high horse* :fly:

but I have just applied for an assistant director of IR job at a university in PA. It looks like the job description was written specifically for me. Sent the app in this morning, I'm crossing my fingers.

but what happens to all the weekend visits you can do now? :(

what sold you guys on AZ anyway? was it the oppressively scorching heat??

Why yes, yes it was. I'm being truthful here too. I hate winter, so what better state to live in then one that has summer 9 months out of the year with a little fall and spring thrown in.

Also, it's still close enough to visit family easily, but not close enough to be convienent and we already know some people down there which gives us insta-friends.

Why yes, yes it was. I'm being truthful here too. I hate winter, so what better state to live in then one that has summer 9 months out of the year with a little fall and spring thrown in.

Also, it's still close enough to visit family easily, but not close enough to be convienent and we already know some people down there which gives us insta-friends.

GA has summer-like weather for 9 months and when it's actually summer it's not 115f outside :p

I'm sure there are lots of states like that, but they don't all offer the other factors.

Kiwi = female
WAW lives in Atlanta

The basic rules of biophysics state that your loins should already be walking you to Atlanta. Just put on one of those kiddie backpacks so Knyte can ride along.

GA has summer-like weather for 9 months and when it's actually summer it's not 115f outside :p

Then you haven't been in Savannah this summer. I had mosquitos sweating on me earlier.

Kiwi if it's too dry there just let me know and I'll get a jar and mail you some of the humidity from here. We'll never miss it.

Then you haven't been in Savannah this summer. I had mosquitos sweating on me earlier.

Kiwi if it's too dry there just let me know and I'll get a jar and mail you some of the humidity from here. We'll never miss it.

we broke 100 for the first time in like 7 years last week

While the humidity is nice, I'm already used to the dry, and I'd rather have 115 dry heat then 100 humid heat any day.