Spin Off Thread: Kiwi & KNYTE go to AZ

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
Kiwi mentioned this in the websense thread but I felt it deserved it's own place for open discussion.

As most of you know we want to move to AZ, but I'm having trouble getting a job there because we are out of state. I'm basically sending a cover letter to all prospects which basically says "willing to relocate without benefits", and have had a few "bites" but nothing substantial.

So the question here is: What do you guys think of just moving out there and "making it work"? Any advice would be appreciated.

for once I mean no offense but should you really move with a pregnant wife? What if something were to happen and you could not get a good enough job? Unless you have a good fall back financially it seems to be a rather large risk.

I'm dealing with the same thing actually. I wonder how many jobs shuffle me away because they see that I'm from out of town. You just have to keep applying, somebody will take. I just applied for a job in Lancaster, PA...close to Intercourse, PA :hi2u:

If it was just you and her I would say just go. But with kids it's a different story. Having kids with no insurance or security would be a nightmare.

If it was just you and her I would say just go. But with kids it's a different story. Having kids with no insurance or security would be a nightmare.

Yea, deep down (okay, so not really even that deep) we really do know this and it's the only thing keeping us from doing so.

i think your heart's already telling you what to do....maybe you don't want to listen, but there's a reason it's saying what it is. :heart:

This will suck, but maybe if you made the treck out there on your own leaving Kiwi at home with the kids will be less traumatic for everyone.

Go there and get a feel of the job market and try to land a position , once you do move the clan down. :)

This will suck, but maybe if you made the treck out there on your own leaving Kiwi at home with the kids will be less traumatic for everyone.

Go there and get a feel of the job market and try to land a position , once you do move the clan down. :)

this isn't a bad idea, either, though it would be very very tough. i'd say so long as y'all's families would help kiwi out and be ready for a "what-if" regarding the pregnancy, then this might be a possibility.

so why the itchy feet to do this NOW instead of waiting for mr. bittybaby to come, which is like, tomorrow? are you that unhappy? are you trying to get established before the holidays? are there money troubles or troubles that are giving you a big push? just how urgent does this really NEED to be?

Pretty much. Go down by yourself for a week, locate employment, and then fetch the family. Obviously this makes a lot of assumptions, namely that you can afford it and that you will find a job within a week as well as a place to live. But nothing is impossible. Especially when you're motivated.

so why the itchy feet to do this NOW instead of waiting for mr. bittybaby to come, which is like, tomorrow? are you that unhappy? are you trying to get established before the holidays? are there money troubles or troubles that are giving you a big push? just how urgent does this really NEED to be?

They have been planning this since before the baby was conceived.