Spin Off Thread: Kiwi & KNYTE go to AZ

What kind of job are you looking for?

At this point, anything that will support the Family. He is going to start school as soon as we get there for Business Management. Mostly he's looking at IT stuff though, cause that's where his expertise is.

I've thought about sending Knyte down alone, not sure how he'd feel about that.

We are currently living with my parents. We were going to build a house as soon as our other one sold, but after being here a few months, decided it wasn't for us, so we are sitting in limbo, imposing in their space, don't really have anything of our own, and are both really ready to be just our family again. I would really like to be there before the baby's born cause after it will just be that much tighter. We have made the decisions that needed to be made to move forward, but now just have to sit and wait and it sucks, we want action. Oh, and being somewhere where we could get settled and make friends and have playmates for Haylee would be nice as well.

If insurance weren't an issue I'd consider going down myself and living in some crummy $300 apartment for a while. Ya know, the type of place you'd never allow your family to live in, but when it's just you it suddenly becomes "ok".

If insurance weren't an issue I'd consider going down myself and living in some crummy $300 apartment for a while. Ya know, the type of place you'd never allow your family to live in, but when it's just you it suddenly becomes "ok".

When my wife and I separated I thought about living in a cheap place like that but once I thought about my wife and son visiting I axed that idea. If it was just me I would be safe but I need them to be safe too. (I'm actually moving again soon once I find a new place for all of us to live together again.)

Cobra is just there to help you stay covered until the new insurance kicks in. It's way expensive and I've heard it can be crappy.

Try not to burn up all your vacation days in the new job hunt because when you leave they should have to buy out your vacation time and that extra cash would be nice helping the moving cost. I can't imagine state to state moving cost.

Good luck.

Try not to burn up all your vacation days in the new job hunt because when you leave they should have to buy out your vacation time and that extra cash would be nice helping the moving cost.
They only should have to if it is stated as such in their policies. Given the fact that Knyte is the one choosing to leave, I would say they have no reason to pay him for vacation.

It may depend on state. I know of people that were fired locally and still got paid out their vacation time. I would pissed if I left and I wasn't paid out. I have 352 hours built up counting my sabbatical time.

My work use to just pay you for vacation hours if you requested it because you couldn't take a lot of time off due to your job type but they stopped doing that. Too bad. I would love to get an extra month of pay and still have a lot of vacation time left.

They only should have to if it is stated as such in their policies. Given the fact that Knyte is the one choosing to leave, I would say they have no reason to pay him for vacation.

Nope, at least in Illinios, according to the IL department of labor an employee is entitled to all vacation time accumulated up to the point of separation... doesn't matter who terminates the relationship. The only way they can get you on it is to say something like... you earn 7 hours a month vacation time, and you leave in January, they only have to pay you 7 hours. You are not entitled to compensation for personal or sick time.. only vacation.