Sort of want....

I drive a 1989 Mercury Tracer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_Tracer#1988-1989

647477da78adda39.jpg

82hp, 92ft*lbs of torque. 96.5 inch wheelbase. Subcompact. Has a good turn radius at least.

It was strangely freeing, about 2 years ago when I left my parents house for the last time. I was NOT going back for more shit, so everything I wanted to own had to fit inside the damn little thing. With no better ideas, I just started with my most valuable possession and then moved to the next one down the line. Until it was full. It was kind of cool, actually trimming down my physical footprint of stuff -- and I haven't missed 98% of the junk I once thought I needed to keep.

I just came.
So you read my PM with the new pedobear pics?
I drive a 1989 Mercury Tracer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_Tracer#1988-1989

647477da78adda39.jpg

82hp, 92ft*lbs of torque. 96.5 inch wheelbase. Subcompact. Has a good turn radius at least.

It was strangely freeing, about 2 years ago when I left my parents house for the last time. I was NOT going back for more shit, so everything I wanted to own had to fit inside the damn little thing. With no better ideas, I just started with my most valuable possession and then moved to the next one down the line. Until it was full. It was kind of cool, actually trimming down my physical footprint of stuff -- and I haven't missed 98% of the junk I once thought I needed to keep.

I like the fact that its parked near a Mercedes in the background

Bah.. Those Chrysler/Dodge cars are all the same. It started with the 300, went to the Magnum.. on and on.. They even moved the styling to a minivan. How weak. They're all the same on the inside. Bobo-ass cars.

You'd be better of buying an old one and fixing it up. You'd get the same (or better) mpg, you'd have a classic car and you wouldn't be "one of those guys".

Bah.. Those Chrysler/Dodge cars are all the same. It started with the 300, went to the Magnum.. on and on.. They even moved the styling to a minivan. How weak. They're all the same on the inside. Bobo-ass cars.

You'd be better of buying an old one and fixing it up. You'd get the same (or better) mpg, you'd have a classic car and you wouldn't be "one of those guys".

You're kind of elitist for an Alabaman.

Yea, I saw one of the new minivans in a parking lot and that styling doesn't work for it at all, it was UGLY.

Ha, do you think if I cared about how people view me or my decisions I'd say or do half the things I'm famous for? :fly:

I just think that Dodge actually pulled a big win out of their hat with the Charger, but the likelyhood of me buying one is pretty slim, it just wouldn't be a responsible choice at this point in my life (financially that is).

Last edited:
Ha, do you think if I cared about how people view me or my decisions I'd say or do half the things I'm famous for? :fly:

I just think that Dodge actually pulled a big win out of their hat with the Charger, but the likelyhood of me buying one is pretty slim, it just wouldn't be a responsible choice at this point in my life (financially that is).

Ultimately he's going to end up with a civic cause we want something reliable that gets good gas mileage.

You're kind of elitist for an Alabaman.

I'm not from Alabama.

I said nothing about what people think about you. You'd still be the douche bag that bough a big, loud, slow car that gets crappy gas mileage and blows a big donkey dick.

Dodge didn't pull out a win. They pulled out another body style (based on older design) to slap on the 300 chassis. 4 doors + Charger = wtf? Not even an option for a manual transmission. Seriously, it's lame.

I said nothing about what people think about you. You'd still be the douche bag that bough a big, loud, slow car that gets crappy gas mileage and blows a big donkey dick.

You just described just about every sports car ever built, including those made by greasy Italians (or ill-tempered Germans) with companies with a bunch of consonant letters in their names.

I'm not saying the Charger is best car ever built. I'm not even saying I'm GOING to buy one. All I'm saying is that FOR AN AMERICAN car it's quite attractive and I'm actually drawn towards it, which for AN AMERICAN car says a whole heck of a lot about it. Your other arguments against it totally aside my biggest problem with it is fuel economy, and the fact that since there is no background on it yet the thing could have horrible reliability and fall apart after year 3.

Again, I'm not going to buy one, but it's one of those "guilty pleasures" cars that if I could throw money into the wind I would probably get behind the wheel just for the thrill and looks.

Last edited: