Sort of want....

You just described just about every sports car ever built, including those made by greasy Italians (or ill-tempered Germans) with companies with a bunch of consonant letters in their names.

I'm not saying the Charger is best car ever built. I'm not even saying I'm GOING to buy one. All I'm saying is that FOR AN AMERICAN car it's quite attractive and I'm actually drawn towards it, which for AN AMERICAN car says a whole heck of a lot about it. Your other arguments against it totally aside my biggest problem with it is fuel economy, and the fact that since there is no background on it yet the thing could have horrible reliability and fall apart after year 3.

Again, I'm not going to buy one, but it's one of those "guilty pleasures" cars that if I could throw money into the wind I would probably get behind the wheel just for the thrill and looks.

Notice that I said "slow". If it's gonna be loud and have bad gas mileage, it should at least be fast and not be some crap recycled design based on a sedan. Like WaW's 'vette. :drool:

You're kind of elitist for a Minnesotan.

You're right.

Once you ride with her in the car, youll soon realize the one thats been pwnd is you.

qfmft

Not only am I going to buy a Charger, but I'm going to take Thorn on a road trip when I do. OWNED

i'm there. :hi2u: you're the only one who loves me around here. :(

Once you ride with her in the car, youll soon realize the one thats been pwnd is you.

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey. :mad:
You've never been in the car with her. DEAR GOD, WHERE ARE THE XANAX DISPENSORS?

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!! :mad:

y'all, i am NOT THAT BAD. I'm an excellent driver!!!

Why don't you simply rent one for the weekend and test drive that one. that way yo spend a fraction of the cash on it and get a real informed idea of if you really want it
that IS why the rental car biz exists.

I test drove the most expensive and fastest Charger on Saturday and am rather disappointed. It had 430hp but didn't feel fast at all. It was a very stable ride but you should expect that from a car that's built like a tank. The interior was easy on the eyes but there was nothing remarkable about it at all, which at $45,000 just is not acceptable.

For that price I'd much rather have a nicely equipped 335ix and sacrifice some of the raw horsepower for a finely tuned ride.

Again, I never said I was going to buy one, I just THOUGHT they were cool, now I don't even think that anymore.

I test drove the most expensive and fastest Charger on Saturday and am rather disappointed. It had 430hp but didn't feel fast at all. It was a very stable ride but you should expect that from a car that's built like a tank. The interior was easy on the eyes but there was nothing remarkable about it at all, which at $45,000 just is not acceptable.

For that price I'd much rather have a nicely equipped 335ix and sacrifice some of the raw horsepower for a finely tuned ride.

Again, I never said I was going to buy one, I just THOUGHT they were cool, now I don't even think that anymore.

my ride has 1200 less lbs, 20 more hp, and is 6spd :D

That's pretty much exactly how I felt when looking at it. I saw the interior and thought "Black plastic? Really?" Not a hint of $40k+ worth of car. No nice accents, no real pep. Either in the parking lot or on the road.

Last edited:
That's pretty much exactly how I felt when looking at it. I saw the interior and thought "Black plastic? Really?" Not a hint of $40k+ worth of car. No nice accents, no real pep. Either in the parking lot or on the road.

Exactly, it's just entirely unremarkable, nothing sets it apart from a bottom-of-the-line $20,000 production car.

I'm pretty sure this is why they would be redesigning it. EVERYONE has complained about that issue.

While my friend and I were at the dealer some guy brought his year-old Charger R/T (the one with 350hp) to trade in on a brand-new SRT8 (the 430hp 6.1 liter V8 "top of the line" that I drove). :dont: