Sometimes I think I'm retarded.... (cause I married FatBurger)

I don't have a cell phone and I'm pretty happy about it. Nobody can bother me if I don't want them to. I have unlimited long distance on my land line for a reasonable price so I'm not getting raped on long distance charges. I do make a lot of long distance phone calls. When I'm not at home, I don't really need to be on the phone.

eileenbunny said:
I don't have a cell phone and I'm pretty happy about it. Nobody can bother me if I don't want them to. I have unlimited long distance on my land line for a reasonable price so I'm not getting raped on long distance charges. I do make a lot of long distance phone calls. When I'm not at home, I don't really need to be on the phone.
What I don't understand is why people feel they NEED to answer a cellphone. Even though I always carry it, I don't have to ever answer it and very often I don't.

fly said:
What I don't understand is why people feel they NEED to answer a cellphone. Even though I always carry it, I don't have to ever answer it and very often I don't.

I don't even feel the NEED to answer my phone at home and I often don't. I really don't feel the need to have a phone everywhere I go. People lived without this for thousands of years. Why is it all the sudden a necessity?

eileenbunny said:
I don't even feel the NEED to answer my phone at home and I often don't. I really don't feel the need to have a phone everywhere I go. People lived without this for thousands of years. Why is it all the sudden a necessity?
Do you drive a car? It's not as much necessity as it is convenient.

eileenbunny said:

It's nice to have with for emergencies. Knyte feels better when he knows he can get ahold of me and vice versa whenever necessary. Also, it's so cheap for minutes now that we have no problem getting plenty of minutes for us to use without going over, and with free long distance, it's not much more than a home phone would be. We haven't had a land line since we got married.