Soda Log

DietCokeBacon.jpg

Somehow I hear April salivating...

Juuust kidding :eek:

You'll call it all Coke if you know what's good for you.

260455a92cfde84f.gif

I agree though..

"Want a coke?"
"Sure, I'll take a Sprite."

but if you REALLY wanna know how much sugar is in a coke, check the back of the can for the amount. Then, measure out that much sugar and pour it in to a 12oz class of water. Try to drink it. Waaaay to sweet to drink.

I drink one coke a day. Usually some bobo Big K stuff.

260455a92cfde84f.gif

I agree though..

"Want a coke?"

but if you REALLY wanna know how much sugar is in a coke, check the back of the can for the amount. Then, measure out that much sugar and pour it in to a 12oz class of water. Try to drink it. Waaaay to sweet to drink.

and tell everyone what you DO to that poor coke.

and tell everyone what you DO to that poor coke.

Already done.. I do it because it is too sweet. So, I drink one of my drinks and you have two of yours. You consume twice the sugar and other healthy stuff.

.. I like to water down cokes. that's cokes in the southern sense (sprite, mtn. dew, etc.)

my wife thinks i'm crazy. but I take a bigass cup and fill it with coke and put water and ice in the rest of it.

Last edited:
260455a92cfde84f.gif

I agree though..

"Want a coke?"

There isn't a single gram of sugar in any coke product made in the US. It's all high-fructose corn syrup.

like ol' saarcasmo said, it's still sugar.

[ig]http://uselessforums.com/imagehosting/260456ddfd7c68d1.jpg[/img]

that's almost a 1/4 cup of sugar. mmmm...

Oh yeah? And how much high fructose corn syrup do you pour on your corn flakes, or in your oatmeal, or in your coffee?

Alcohol is a sugar too, you know.

Comparison to other sugars

Cane sugar

Cane sugar is relatively pure sucrose. Sucrose is a disaccharide, as opposed to glucose and fructose, which are monosaccharides. Each molecule of sucrose is composed of one unit each of fructose and glucose linked together. A molecule of sucrose (with a chemical formula of C12H22O11) can be broken down into a molecule of glucose (C6H12O6) plus a molecule of fructose (also C6H12O6 — an isomer of glucose). Sucrose is broken down during digestion into fructose and glucose through hydrolysis by the enzyme sucrase.

Because sucrose can be broken down into fructose and glucose, some people say that sucrose is "50% glucose and 50% fructose." This, strictly speaking, is incorrect, because sucrose contains no actual fructose or glucose; it is a completely different molecule. On the other hand, because sucrose is broken down in the small intestine to fructose and glucose, one could argue that it is metabolized by the body like a mixture of 50% glucose and 50% fructose.

Honey

Honey is a mixture of different types of sugars, water, and small amounts of other compounds. Honey typically has a fructose/glucose ratio similar to HFCS, as well as containing some sucrose and other sugars.

In conslusion:

high fructose corn syrup != sugar

pbttth!

Last edited: