Thread So you won half a billion. Now what?

I hope it goes through three or four more drawings, and someone becomes a billionaire. I'd watch that reality show. From ordinary schmoe to one of the richest people on earth for $1.

I got my tickets today, just $10 worth.

I was thinking today what other stuff I would use the money for. I have a friend who teaches computer maintenance and network tech at a rural vocational center. They are in need of better everything at the school. Not just in the computer program, but other programs like graphic arts, culinary, botany, diesel mechanic, etc. So if I won, I'd donate some money to fix up the school and make it a better place for students to learn. My friend was telling me some of his students have no heat during winter, some don't have indoor plumbing, or even electricity (can't afford). A majority of the students have some type of learning disability. That's rough. Vocational training is probably their only hope of bettering their lives too.

I got my tickets today, just $10 worth.

I was thinking today what other stuff I would use the money for. I have a friend who teaches computer maintenance and network tech at a rural vocational center. They are in need of better everything at the school. Not just in the computer program, but other programs like graphic arts, culinary, botany, diesel mechanic, etc. So if I won, I'd donate some money to fix up the school and make it a better place for students to learn. My friend was telling me some of his students have no heat during winter, some don't have indoor plumbing, or even electricity (can't afford). A majority of the students have some type of learning disability. That's rough. Vocational training is probably their only hope of bettering their lives too.
That's good and everything but just one thing: I do not understand this thinking that "lol vo-tech is for retards." It's really not. Seriously. A lot of people in subsidized vo-tech programs end up as go fers or "labour." Skilled trades actually requires a brain.

That's good and everything but just one thing: I do not understand this thinking that "lol vo-tech is for retards." It's really not. Seriously. A lot of people in subsidized vo-tech programs end up as go fers or "labour." Skilled trades actually requires a brain.

I agree.

I was watching the Today Show this morning and all kinds of reporters were camped outside of a 7/11 in Greater Baltimore area (they weren't specific) where the winning ticket was sold.

In Maryland, lotto winners can remain anonymous.