so where do you see America in 50 years?

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
with all that's going on, it's hard to keep a positive attitude about this country...for me, anyway. i know that every country has issues. i know that there have been issues every decade, and every decade we seem to work some out. it just seems like the problems get bigger and more complicated as this young country grows.

so what do you think is going to happen to america? how do you see things playing out over the next 10, 50, 100 years?

In 50 years? I'll be in the mountains, fighting a guerilla war against the Muslims after they systematically infiltrated the country and then slowly took control by making us change our lifestyle instead of them changing theirs.

KNYTE said:
In 50 years? I'll be in the mountains, fighting a guerilla war against the Muslims after they systematically infiltrated the country and then slowly took control by making us change our lifestyle instead of them changing theirs.
That sounds like something FB adn I were talking about the other day. Whether the next huge world war will be a religious one or now (muslims vs the world :lol:)

In the next fifty years I see America as a second world country. Our education system is not competitive enough in the flat world and china and India will soon outpace us. Fuel prices will climb too high causing a crash of transportation in the states and a depression.

In another 100 years the increase in global temps will cause the ocean currents to shut down tossing us in the span of a decade into an ice age. Canada and the Northern USA and Europe will be uninhabitable forcing the rest of the world into what was once known as the 'third world.' It will cause the collapse of tradional nation states and usher in a new revolutionary period of political reform, conflict, and race relations. A very tense, dangerous, and interesting time the next century will be.

djduquet said:
In the next fifty years I see America as a second world country. Our education system is not competitive enough in the flat world and china and India will soon outpace us. Fuel prices will climb too high causing a crash of transportation in the states and a depression.

In another 100 years the increase in global temps will cause the ocean currents to shut down tossing us in the span of a decade into an ice age. Canada and the Northern USA and Europe will be uninhabitable forcing the rest of the world into what was once known as the 'third world.' It will cause the collapse of tradional nation states and usher in a new revolutionary period of political reform, conflict, and race relations. A very tense, dangerous, and interesting time the next century will be.

You need to stop watching "Day After Tomorrow".

KNYTE said:

You do realize that you will be 76 in 50 years, right?

KNYTE said:
You need to stop watching "Day After Tomorrow".
Double major History and geology. It's happened in the past with out human intervention, it will happen again with it. It's only a matter of time.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
No, I don't think so. It's a matter of time before we're driving off corn husks :lol:

You're right, he's wrong.

Sooner or later oil will become too expensive and we will adapt. It's what we, as humans, do.

Do you know who I think really ruined/is ruining the country? Liberal Baby Boomers.

elpmis said:
The cost of health care and college for our grand children will be fucking insane

these are two things i'm especially worried about. you don't think health care will be more tame by then?