so where do you see America in 50 years?

Thorn Bird said:
so what about these issues in 50:

health care?
illegal immigrants?
primary language?
mode of transportation?
cities -- (for example, atlanta is working towards more communities, where you don't need to drive as much for the everyday things...)
middle class?
financial security?
benefits?
-I hope it disappears.
-They're declining. The average number of children in new families has dropped to just above 2 on average, so the US might actually suffer from a lack of cheap labor.
-Still english
-I want to see better public transportation, but the US culture thrives on individuality, so alternative fuels will be developed
-This ties in with pub. trans. Cities will grow and commuting will be less of a problem, so the transportation really isn't all that big.
-There will always be a middle class. Always, but the incomes may be different and it's not going to looked at just in this country. Think bigger.
-Going global means more opportunites for investments elsewhere. Stop thinking solely as a country. The world is becoming more dependent on the world instead of one country and another.
-Benefits? Economic globalization is going to bring a lot of benefits. It's going to bring problems too, but I think the benefits will out-weigh the problems.

b_sinning said:
Ever read the book snow crash?

I think by then corperations will rise while the government starts decaying. It's just a matter of time before a huge public backlash against the government happens due to people being angry about loss of rights and government corruption. I just hope it happens in my lifetime.
Heck yeah, also some of Bruce Stirling's more recent stuff

Heavy Weather, and I forget the name of the other one...

eileenbunny said:
We will solve the fuel problem, move toward a more global economy, learn to work together rather than against each other, and have a nice peaceful society where everyone has what they need. Really.

What drugs are you taking?

Can I have some?

I hope America takes Saskatchewan from Canada so the map looks like it's giving everyone the finger.

I highly doubt I'll be around to see it (unless karma is completely incompetent) but I have a feeling it's going to get much worse before it gets better.

ALL OUT RACE WAR

No seriously, that's where LaRaza is going with it. Hell LaRaza means THE RACE.

i doubt that. la raza may claim to speak for the latin community but their ideals represent a very small subset of hispanics. they have no more clout among them as the kkk does among whites.

FlyNavy said:
i doubt that. la raza may claim to speak for the latin community but their ideals represent a very small subset of hispanics. they have no more clout among them as the kkk does among whites.
Uh, they are much better established than the KKK. http://www.nclr.org/

I'll go with my first choice then. All the Blue states secceed (no I cant spell that word) and NY get's split in half at about Poughkeepsie county.

Last edited:
Wanna know why I'm not worried about La Raza?

Because there hasn't been a strong mexican warrior/leader since Santa Anna, and even he was routed by a bunch of farm boys with large knives at a crusty old church.

KNYTE said:
Wanna know why I'm not worried about La Raza?

Because there hasn't been a strong mexican warrior/leader since Santa Anna, and even he was routed by a bunch of farm boys with large knives at a crusty old church.
Ah but what if our country cripples us first through massive amnesty, affirmative action, and brain washed tolerance. :)