So whats this I hear about PS3 supply more limited than the 360 last year?

Yeah but Collecovision was gay - it just took NES and Sega Master System to make us realize this

That's not really fair, since Collecovision was a generation before the Master System or the NES. It allowed me to play Donkey Kong AND all the Atari titles out there. That was extremely pimp back in the day. I miss the odd ball mashup products, like the laserdisc player I had that could accept modules to play Genesis or TG16 games. Playing a Mega-LD game was fucking awesome at the time. I don't think I was that overwhelmed again until I got to try a Neo Geo.

That's not really fair, since Collecovision was a generation before the Master System or the NES. It allowed me to play Donkey Kong AND all the Atari titles out there. That was extremely pimp back in the day. I miss the odd ball mashup products, like the laserdisc player I had that could accept modules to play Genesis or TG16 games. Playing a Mega-LD game was fucking awesome at the time. I don't think I was that overwhelmed again until I got to try a Neo Geo.

How many posts about colecovision can we go without mentioning how pimp Zaxxon was? oops.

edit: Colecovision was cool, it's just in retrospect a lot of the games were pac man knock offs, but yeah, those were the times

Last edited:
How many posts about colecovision can we go without mentioning how pimp Zaxxon was? oops.

edit: Colecovision was cool, it's just in retrospect a lot of the games were pac man knock offs, but yeah, those were the times
Or how many posts before we mention that it had the worst fucking controller of all time. Thank god the Atari add on had ports to use Atari style joysticks.

Or how many posts before we mention that it had the worst fucking controller of all time. Thank god the Atari add on had ports to use Atari style joysticks.

That and all the games on coleco were just arcade ports - it was the system for the losers that couldn't ride their bikes to the arcade

wait I think War Room was an original YOU MUST DEFEAT MOTHER RUSSIA

okay so back to the NES - anyone ever do the White Mage Challenge on FFI? How about the solo Black Mage no class change Challenge?

okay so back to the NES - anyone ever do the White Mage Challenge on FFI? How about the solo Black Mage no class change Challenge?

yes and i never finished either because I got bored halfway through

Fighter->Black Belt->White Mage->Black Mage was the Uber party.

Edit: Fight gas dragons in the final castle for mad exp. ++

Last edited:

No, but I played the entire game through without a strat. guide. That was enough of a challenge.

Its funny, you say that now and it doesn't sound like a big deal. Games now a days have so many maps, tutorials, and save points that I often wonder what the hell the strat guides are even for. Back in the day, it was near impossible to finish some of those games without one.

Well, to be fair, a lot of the new games have a TON of optional quests that would be almost impossible to find if you didn't have the strat guide. And older games were definitely beatable, but you just sometimes spent way more time leveling up than was strictly necessary.

Of course, last time I played FFI I got lost and just roamed for upwards of several days. I would pick the game up once a month or so, play for an hour trying to find where I was, and then put the game back down. By the time I found where I was supposed to be, I was about 20 levels higher than you were meant to be. Wasn't exactly a challenge anymore. (Though, it was funny when I finally remembered to unequip the master so that he would do max damage.)

No, but I played the entire game through without a strat. guide. That was enough of a challenge.

Its funny, you say that now and it doesn't sound like a big deal. Games now a days have so many maps, tutorials, and save points that I often wonder what the hell the strat guides are even for. Back in the day, it was near impossible to finish some of those games without one.

There is less of a need to talk to towns people in today's games - as were back then if you weren't talking to towns people, you didn't get anywhere. That's why games like Castlevania II and Dragon Warrior were so awesome, the towns people talked in pure riddles :fly: