So whats this I hear about PS3 supply more limited than the 360 last year?

So far, FXII is gorgeous. I haven't actually played more than 2 minutes, though. I had mistimed some stuff and agreed to poker and drinks last night. I should have canceled.

And you could hold off on those other games and get FXII instead. From where I'm sitting that looks to be about 300+ bucks cheaper. Easy. :)

Yes, yes it is beautiful.

Have you noticed how easy it is though? I remeber when dying was actually a huge risk in Final Fantasy. The last two games though, it seems you cant die unless you try o_O

Yes, yes it is beautiful.

Have you noticed how easy it is though? I remeber when dying was actually a huge risk in Final Fantasy. The last two games though, it seems you cant die unless you try o_O

You are the first person I've heard complain that FFXII is too easy.

And.... I must say, all of the old ones were VERY easy, provided you aren't 10. :) I've gone back and played some of the ones I thought were really really hard and they simply aren't. I don't know if it was that I didn't have patience as a child or what, but FFI, for example, was cakewalk. You might want to level grind before a dungeon or two, but I was never worried about dying.

You are the first person I've heard complain that FFXII is too easy.

And.... I must say, all of the old ones were VERY easy, provided you aren't 10. :) I've gone back and played some of the ones I thought were really really hard and they simply aren't. I don't know if it was that I didn't have patience as a child or what, but FFI, for example, was cakewalk. You might want to level grind before a dungeon or two, but I was never worried about dying.

Good point. Tactics was hard though, I played that again last year. I'd complain about how cheesy the voice overs are but I guess we just have to live with them these days. I can read way faster than those bitches can talk.

I love the battle system though. Finally, no random battles... I remember staring at the screen in VIII wondering if I really wanted to walk over to that chest and possibly trigger another 20 minute battle or advance the plot.

I dont even play games anymore. Fucking childish.
Good point. Tactics was hard though, I played that again last year. I'd complain about how cheesy the voice overs are but I guess we just have to live with them these days. I can read way faster than those bitches can talk.

I love the battle system though. Finally, no random battles... I remember staring at the screen in VIII wondering if I really wanted to walk over to that chest and possibly trigger another 20 minute battle or advance the plot.

I'm officially confused now. You don't play games, yet you indicate you're playing FFXII.

I got to get Okami too

That's what I've been saying for like 3 weeks now dood! I cannot say enough good things about this game! YOU CAN FUCKING PEE ON DEMONS!!!

Edit: I'm now half way to getting my final god technique . . . Brown Fury! If Golden Fury was peeing on people, I can't wait to see what this one is. Costs 2,000,000 yen, but it will be fucking worth it.

Tactics was an odd one. Definitely a hard game, unless you grind too much and then it is way too easy. Thankfully, you have to really grind like crazy. (Though, I do seem to recall there were some classes that were vastly over powered.)

the thing about tactics was that there really were no short fights. Every damn fight took like 15 min. that's what made grinding a pain in the ass.

That's what I've been saying for like 3 weeks now dood! I cannot say enough good things about this game! YOU CAN FUCKING PEE ON DEMONS!!!

Edit: I'm now half way to getting my final god technique . . . Brown Fury! If Golden Fury was peeing on people, I can't wait to see what this one is. Costs 2,000,000 yen, but it will be fucking worth it.

I saw the game in Gamestop, the visuals are impressive

the thing about tactics was that there really were no short fights. Every damn fight took like 15 min. that's what made grinding a pain in the ass.

It was a battle game yo. That was kinda the point. The entire plot took place in battles. It was also a total bitch when you lost because then youd have to replay the entire 45 minute battle.

My god I suddenly want to play that again.

shadowrun was for SNES right?

Yeah, that's the one. Loved that game.

Yeah I owned a Sega Genesis (Road Rash forever!) and then an Atari Jaguar (woot Aliens v. Predator). My PC has been my primary game machine since about 1993.

A buddy of mine had a Super Nintendo, but I never really cared about any game but Shadowrun.

I saw the game in Gamestop, the visuals are impressive

the visuals are quite amazing, but the thing I like the most about the game are all the little things that the writers or directors just nailed. Little quirks, linke some of Ammy's silly wolf expressions to different situations, Issun's dialog with different characters, and of course some of the silly japanese quirkyness that came with it. And the thing is, there's so much of it. It's not like they just threw one in here or there. you'll constantly catch all these minor details that other studios would have just passed over cause it's not your main focus at the time, but Clover put alot of really good work into this game. Honestly one of the best games of 06.

Last edited: