So whats the status on everyone?

oh, here and there.. summertime's a bit of a lazy season for me..

literally. put on prob 10-15 pounds that i'm tryna get rid of.
dj'ing a lot. did a gig out in Santa Cruz, CA.. just did a night at Ami James's club (the dude from miami ink) in south beach. quit tuesdays at strokers (had only planned to be there til august anyway). still working thursdays and sunday nights. bout to start doing the gators games tailgate kinda thing on saturdays. should be going back to mondays in about a month.

school starts tomor for the kids, we've been back for two weeks already training and isht.

mrs. mixx doing well. dislikes her job, but who doesn't. my son gonna' be a senior this year out in lakeland at mulberry high.

word up. thanks for asking.

It's not always fun being the boss. Two of the guys under me that I'm friends with have been slacking off lately. My boss has made it his mission to ride their asses until they shape up or they are fired. He says they work for me and I work for him so make it so. I had to sit down and explain to one of the guys that I know you've been struggling in life but get your shit together or I'm going to fire you. He has three young kids at home and his wife is trying to find work. If he lost his job it most likely at the bare minimum cost him his new house. He's knowledgeable but doesn't have enough job experience or a degree to help him find another job that would pay as well. My boss wanted me to write him up earlier but I refused and said I wanted to explain to him off the record what was really going on.

Sucked. I'm sure he dispizes me now even though I've been getting flack for standing up for him.

oh, here and there.. summertime's a bit of a lazy season for me..

literally. put on prob 10-15 pounds that i'm tryna get rid of.
dj'ing a lot. did a gig out in Santa Cruz, CA.. just did a night at Ami James's club (the dude from miami ink) in south beach. quit tuesdays at strokers (had only planned to be there til august anyway). still working thursdays and sunday nights. bout to start doing the gators games tailgate kinda thing on saturdays. should be going back to mondays in about a month.

school starts tomor for the kids, we've been back for two weeks already training and isht.

mrs. mixx doing well. dislikes her job, but who doesn't. my son gonna' be a senior this year out in lakeland at mulberry high.

word up. thanks for asking.

"Mr Mingle, please stop referring to the children as 'dirty'".

It's not always fun being the boss. Two of the guys under me that I'm friends with have been slacking off lately. My boss has made it his mission to ride their asses until they shape up or they are fired. He says they work for me and I work for him so make it so. I had to sit down and explain to one of the guys that I know you've been struggling in life but get your shit together or I'm going to fire you. He has three young kids at home and his wife is trying to find work. If he lost his job it most likely at the bare minimum cost him his new house. He's knowledgeable but doesn't have enough job experience or a degree to help him find another job that would pay as well. My boss wanted me to write him up earlier but I refused and said I wanted to explain to him off the record what was really going on.

Sucked. I'm sure he dispizes me now even though I've been getting flack for standing up for him.

that's a tough situation to be in. :heart:

I just finished my parental leave, and am back at work for the first time since the end of May.

I just got a free trip to Key West. My uncle needs someone to put up some plywood on his place down there, so he's flying me and the gf into Ft. Lauderdale and paying for our rental to drive down. It's going to be a short visit, leave Friday, return Sunday, but it's always nice to get away. Texas has been hot.

My oldest kitty is sick. I think he may have a urinary blockage, which is really scary. If you go near his belly he cries, hisses and bites. :( I have an appointment with the vet at 2. He's the loviest of all of my animals, I call him my cuddle Bud. I really don't want him to be sick and I'm really sad.

Your company gives you parental leave? :( damn I really need to get a new job.

Family Medical Leave Act

1. Q: What is the relationship between requirements of the
FMLA,1 the ADA,2 and Title VII3?

A: The FMLA and the ADA both require a covered employer
to grant medical leave to an employee in certain
circumstances.4 The FMLA and Title VII both have
requirements governing leave for pregnancy and
pregnancy-related conditions.

In addition, under Title VII, employers must not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, or national origin when they provide family or
medical leave.

You can also use all accumulated vacation time as well as short term disability in some cases.

http://www.eeoc.gov/policy/docs/fmlaada.html

Last edited: