Halp So we are stuck on a cruise ship...

"Westshore"? What the actual fuck. The Tampatards need to be reminded that they're on the west side of America's Dong instead of having a "Shoreline" Blvd like every other city in America that borders a body of water?
That's called Bayshore.
Flying in tomorrow afternoon. We gonna be able to get out of the airport parking lot?
Yaup.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
"Westshore"? What the actual fuck. The Tampatards need to be reminded that they're on the west side of America's Dong instead of having a "Shoreline" Blvd like every other city in America that borders a body of water?

We have a shoreline avenue off maritime boulevard, but it's a port road.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
^ westshore and I-275.

Funny part is how they are spending billions to redo that part of the interstate and didn't even consider the concept of drainage.

This states road engineers are the fucking worst.
They're redoing I275, which didn't flood. Surface streets aint they problem...

iKgIihL.jpg
Brian Williams reported on this yesterday. He took this picture.

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke
And you really think that's what they did?

Having to drive that thing, until recently, every day since they started the construction project, I can say 'yes'.. never once did I see any irrigation conduit waiting to be put in.

Having to drive that thing, until recently, every day since they started the construction project, I can say 'yes'.. never once did I see any irrigation conduit waiting to be put in.
Come on dude, don't be silly. Do you really think you're a better civil engineer? It's pretty much South Tampa, where EVERYTHING floods.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Come on dude, don't be silly. Do you really think you're a better civil engineer? It's pretty much South Tampa, where EVERYTHING floods.

Did I say I'm better? I'm simply saying what I directly observed. You, however, are working off assumption. Would I think a Tampa civil engineer, if pushed for cost saving, would approve something without drainage because some government schmuk said 'it's elevated, it'll all drain off anyway'. yes.

If you look at the westshore flooding, it's pretty easy to see that water, with no creeks or streams nearby, came from the interstate.

Did I say I'm better? I'm simply saying what I directly observed. You, however, are working off assumption. Would I think a Tampa civil engineer, if pushed for cost saving, would approve something without drainage because some government schmuk said 'it's elevated, it'll all drain off anyway'. yes.

If you look at the westshore flooding, it's pretty easy to see that water, with no creeks or streams nearby, came from the interstate.
Or it came from the fact that there is obviously a dip in the road there and we've had a TON of rain. This is not the first road that Skansa has built dude. But I'm sure you're right. What other streets did 275 flood with their reliance on surface streets to deal with the drainage?