Thread So is this better or worse? Organic?

Also, and Ima just throw this down here, no one gives a real shit if a chicken is free range or not, as long as its cooked right, it will be delicious.

edit - especially if its wrapped with some free range bacon :drool:

I'm reducing my salmonella risk right now. And boy it feels, well, safer! It just amazes me how profitable feel-good stupidity is.

fwiw, there's nothing 'natural' about raising birds "free range" on a farm. They rely 100% on the farmer & don't 'fend' for themselves. But if it makes you feel better to call them natural, you could call them 'Mom' too.
So wait.. would you eat something that was killed in the wild or not?

I think it is time we stopped using the term 'animal' when referring to the precursor of the meat that ends up on our plates. Animals are things we keep in our homes and watch on David Attenborough programs. 'Animals' bred for consumption are crops and agricultural products like any other. We do not, and cannot, provide adequate welfare for these agricultural products and therefore welfare should be removed entirely.

Deeming living creatures products is a little far. Seems like it opens the back door to all sorts of these "farms"

I'm talking 'natural' farm raised chicken, as opposed to Perdue-style, raised in pitch dark chickens.
"Natural farm raised" is an oxymoron. Traditionally farm raised chicken usually are pretty lean, you lock them up and feed them grain for a couple weeks before slaughtering because it fattens them up.

"Natural farm raised" is an oxymoron. Traditionally farm raised chicken usually are pretty lean, you lock them up and feed them grain for a couple weeks before slaughtering because it fattens them up.

Jesus Christ. I put natural in quotes for a reason. Obviously being raised on a farm isn't natural.

:case:

Jesus Christ. I put natural in quotes for a reason. Obviously being raised on a farm isn't natural.

:case:
You seem to be attempting to communicate with me and I'm just out to discredit you.

That might be why you don't understand.

:fly: