WTF So I'm using my engineering powers for evil again.

I meant bulk amounts for cheapish.

I posted in the clock thread that I got it. Dad absolutely loved it, is going to take it into work and show their IT guy/E.E. nerd the clock and possibly lord it over him.
As an upshot to this, you might have another kit to sell.

Also, did not realize you signed your work till dad asked if the name on the clock was you.
Don't see the post in there. Glad you got it, still have to send you the parts list for the kit... between christmas stuff and having wisdom teeth hauled, haven't had the time to put it together.

For bulk connectors, track down a local panduit rep or something. Heatshrink can be bought in bulk (large rolls) from digikey, mouser, newark, etc - connectors also, though probably for a bit more than a rep can get them.

Fly: fucking awesome.

So I was at a mall earlier tonight, and as I walked past the Sony Store I realized I had the TV-B-Gone in my coat pocket. I took my phone out, and pretended to play with it as I turned around and fired the TV-B-Gone into the store.

I expected a couple of TVs in the front window to turn off. Well, pretty much the whole store went black..

So I was at a mall earlier tonight, and as I walked past the Sony Store I realized I had the TV-B-Gone in my coat pocket. I took my phone out, and pretended to play with it as I turned around and fired the TV-B-Gone into the store.

I expected a couple of TVs in the front window to turn off. Well, pretty much the whole store went black..

hahahahaha That is soooo aweseom

You know, a video of one of these shenanigans events would be ++

You'd think stores would put a piece of gaffer's tape over the IR sensors. Even if it means getting a ladder to turn on/off TVs manually.

You know, a video of one of these shenanigans events would be ++
I'll try my best, but I'm thinking it's hard to shoot video with one hand and, activate the TV-B-Gone in the other, and do it all discreetly. Get spotted doing either and they'll know it's you.

I'd like a company to make a 45/60 degree prism like you'd find on a telescope, which attaches to your camera phone and makes it point forward. So you could hold the phone at an angle like your regular iphone zombie, but shooting video directly in front of you.

The flashlight costs less than the blue cased one to make, has about 4x more output power, and has much tighter optics.

It's a little harder to conceal if you're walking around a store with it turning shit off, the blue one's good for that. The flashlight is intended more for turning shit off from outside the store.

The flashlight costs less than the blue cased one to make, has about 4x more output power, and has much tighter optics.

It's a little harder to conceal if you're walking around a store with it turning shit off, the blue one's good for that. The flashlight is intended more for turning shit off from outside the store.
Or from outside the house of that neighbor you hate just before his team scores?

Or from outside the house of that neighbor you hate just before his team scores?
We got 20cm of snow today and my road's not plowed yet. If that wasn't the case, I'd probably be out for a drive in the suburbs, turning off TVs through front windows.

Banged out another TV-B-Gone today. Machining the case on the crappy manual mill at work:
EeEppwo.jpg

Next to the original one I built, and the TV-B-Gone flashlight:
mPI9qFo.jpg

The flashlight and one of the little blue ones are for sale, $30 and $40 respectively. You'll need to supply your own 18650 battery/charger to use the flashlight, the little blue one recharges with a mini-USB cable and has a few extra features I probably shouldn't talk about.