WTF So I'm using my engineering powers for evil again.

Banged out another TV-B-Gone today. Machining the case on the crappy manual mill at work:
EeEppwo.jpg

Next to the original one I built, and the TV-B-Gone flashlight:
mPI9qFo.jpg

The flashlight and one of the little blue ones are for sale, $30 and $40 respectively. You'll need to supply your own 18650 battery/charger to use the flashlight, the little blue one recharges with a mini-USB cable and has a few extra features I probably shouldn't talk about.

Any idea of shipping to teh states?

Flashlight = 6 bucks, shipped in a box. Blue rechargeable one = 3 bucks, shipped in a padded envelope.

Banged out another TV-B-Gone today. Machining the case on the crappy manual mill at work:
EeEppwo.jpg

Next to the original one I built, and the TV-B-Gone flashlight:

The flashlight and one of the little blue ones are for sale, $30 and $40 respectively. You'll need to supply your own 18650 battery/charger to use the flashlight, the little blue one recharges with a mini-USB cable and has a few extra features I probably shouldn't talk about.

wtf, why do you have a milling machine in your bathroom?

Seems odd placement for industrial equipment.
There's a shelf full of tools where the toilet used to be, and the sink's replaced with a laundry tub that you see in the background, but yeah, it used to be a bathroom.

You can plan a building as much as you can, with rooms set aside for specific things, but you'll never get it right.

There's a shelf full of tools where the toilet used to be, and the sink's replaced with a laundry tub that you see in the background, but yeah, it used to be a bathroom.

You can plan a building as much as you can, with rooms set aside for specific things, but you'll never get it right.

That's awesome. Bet it comes in handy having a sink so close.

i bet the canada version of OSHA wouldnt like that
They do inspections of the place every now and then, they've been through plenty of times, no issues raised. Plenty of room to move around in there.

We've also got a "grinder closet", a tiny little room with a tricked out bench grinder and heavy air extraction equipment, that we use for making certain products. They don't mind that either.

So this project continues, and has become even more evil.

I discovered an IR LED called a Osram "Black Oslon", a high power IR LED designed for night vision illumination. They cost almost $10/pop, but they're very efficient (apparently the most efficient IR LED you can buy) and they can handle a fuckton of power. I made a little PCB to hold them. Sold a few to folks on flashlight forums, along with TV-B-Gone drivers.

fC6c8WK.jpg

Then I stuffed one in a big flashlight, a Convoy C8 host which throws light really well. I set up the driver to push 12 watts into the LED.

Bcpq0Zb.jpg

The results are best described as "holy fuck". This thing will turn off TVs in other rooms with wall bounce. It'll turn off TVs in an electronics store or sports bar from halfway across the parking lot. It's obscene.

I used to turn airport departure screens off with my old HTC 8125. Now airports use monitors.

I discovered an IR LED called a Osram "Black Oslon", a high power IR LED designed for night vision illumination. They cost almost $10/pop, but they're very efficient (apparently the most efficient IR LED you can buy) and they can handle a fuckton of power. I made a little PCB to hold them. Sold a few to folks on flashlight forums, along with TV-B-Gone drivers.

fC6c8WK.jpg

Then I stuffed one in a big flashlight, a Convoy C8 host which throws light really well. I set up the driver to push 12 watts into the LED.

Bcpq0Zb.jpg

The results are best described as "holy fuck". This thing will turn off TVs in other rooms with wall bounce. It'll turn off TVs in an electronics store or sports bar from halfway across the parking lot. It's obscene.

How much for an oopma loompa, wonka

fC6c8WK.jpg

Bcpq0Zb.jpg

What's your PayPal? I'm ready to send you my monies.

also, it strange seeing @gee at a loss and asking for help.

I feel slightly less like an idiot after reading that post now. Slightly.

Last edited by a moderator: