So I Quit My Job...

if she can't even lift the bar, why is she spotting you? rather dangerous

No it isn't. If it's dangerous, then he's lifting too much weight for himself.

My spotter for my workout weighs less than 1/3 of what I'm benching when I ask for her help. If I can't put it up, all she needs to do is lift up with her strength. That will be about 100-200 pounds of assistance (even though she can't really lift that much) allowing me to easily rack the weight.

good for you!!! NO ONE'S profit is worth your happiness and sanity. money don't mean shit if you're not at peace.

good luck finding something fresh and respecting!!

No it isn't. If it's dangerous, then he's lifting too much weight for himself.

My spotter for my workout weighs less than 1/3 of what I'm benching when I ask for her help. If I can't put it up, all she needs to do is lift up with her strength. That will be about 100-200 pounds of assistance (even though she can't really lift that much) allowing me to easily rack the weight.

not to mention she was pregnant and spotting :lol:
did you send her out to rototill the lawn afterwards knyte? :lol:

good for you!!! NO ONE'S profit is worth your happiness and sanity. money don't mean shit if you're not at peace.

good luck finding something fresh and respecting!!

fine line, however, betw "happiness and sanity" and "ramen noodles again honey."

sheeeeit, i'm not in LOVE with any of my jobs. but i like nice things and food, and shelter, and.. and..

and mr. knyte, i would be curious how far it was from touching your chest to arms extended.

no offense, but i see cats under 5'10" pressin up mad weight but they only gotta' move it 10 inches.

but good for you, any working out is good working out.

i been doing sets of 15 with the 70 lb dumbbells. relatively strong.

fine line, however, betw "happiness and sanity" and "ramen noodles again honey."

sheeeeit, i'm not in LOVE with any of my jobs. but i like nice things and food, and shelter, and.. and..

yeah, work sucks...welcome to life!

I think I'm a bit oversensitive to this scenario because 2 gf's ago I lived with her 6 years...when we were in college and getting our bills paid by parents and a bit of work, things were great...we moved to atlanta together and got our first real jobs...she would quit about every 2 months with some shit like "that bitch was trying to destroy me!" and leave me to deal with the rent and bills...that got old quick and was the end of us

Last edited:
yeah, work sucks...welcome to life!

I think I'm a bit oversensitive to this scenario because 2 gf's ago I lived with her 6 years...when we were in college and getting our bills paid by parents and a bit of work, things were great...we moved to atlanta together and got our first real jobs...she would quit about every 2 months with some shit like "that bitch was trying to destroy me!" and leave me to deal with the rent and bills...that got old quick and was the end of us

mrs. mixx has a little bit of this in her.. she'll come home sometimes and be like "and this bitch is so dumb she ___________ and if she says one more thing to me _________________"

having had a kid at 22, this was never an option for me.

If you put your hand on the bar, that alone can easily equate to 45+ pounds of assistance. Which is why people hate when spotters even touch the bar before they actually look like they're in trouble.

A spotters job is to piss me off so I get the weight up. If they do help I want them to wait until the bar stops moving and then barely do anything.

A spotters job is to piss me off so I get the weight up. If they do help I want them to wait until the bar stops moving and then barely do anything.

When I spot, you don't get any help from me until the bar starts going back down.....even then, you still need to work to push it back up.

mrs. mixx has a little bit of this in her.. she'll come home sometimes and be like "and this bitch is so dumb she ___________ and if she says one more thing to me _________________"

having had a kid at 22, this was never an option for me.

that just threw my mind in the time machine thinking about that shit...we broke up 7 years ago after living together for 6...ryokurin actually laid eyes on her at the first atlanta AMD roadshow iirc :lol:

cute blonde spinner :drool:
why are the pretty ones always insane? /chief wiggum

word. and do more sets? cause i'm kinda rickety and much more weight i think and i'll tear up a shoulder.

i mean, i think i could do 80's, 85's, 4 to 8 reps, but it's a little risky.

Well you know your own body, so you have to go with what it tells you. But in general, you get the most strength from doing 5 sets of 4-6 reps. (4 sets for things like deadlifts)