WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Real Estate Meme GIF by hero0fwar

I'm building out an infrastructure for a company who just paid some rapper hundreds of thousands of dollars to hawk their product on social media. Like, what in the fuck is happening to this world. :lol: :(
Celeb endorsements are golden. Sounds like me at that startup s year ago. They sweat every penny I spent but $60k for 6 radio shoutouts from a pro golf instructor was no issue. Product was "flying off the shelf" . Then the radio blitz ended. And sales got sloooooowwwwwww. :p

I’ve been seeing this guy lately on Life Alert commercials:

3BBCAA54-551A-4D61-81C3-08DFA9F91458.jpg

And it made me wonder, but not so much that I looked into it, who collects money on his appearances after he’s dead? Could Life Alert make commercials using an all dead cast? Most of the actors appearing in the commercial look like a old footage or are sporting beehive hairdos, so essentially, no living actors are being paid. All the pay goes to the folks who are putting the commercial together.

My brains go to weird places these days. Sorry.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Strings

View attachment 15198

And it made me wonder, but not so much that I looked into it, who collects money on his appearances after he’s dead? Could Life Alert make commercials using an all dead cast? Most of the actors appearing in the commercial look like a old footage or are sporting beehive hairdos, so essentially, no living actors are being paid. All the pay goes to the folks who are putting the commercial together.

And I'm in a band with Jim Morrison and Elvis. I'm just waiting to collect royalties.

View attachment 15198

Oh, someone is collecting royalties. People steal artwork(pics and video) for ad work all the time, then get busted - very expensive either way. E.g. that classic pic of the dogs playing cards, smoking cigars and cheating - well, I wanted to use one by the same guy( 1920s) of cats playing and cheating, ad line was "fat cats in Washington dealt themselves a hand under the table . . . ". $900 to use on a postcard. $1500 to use on a website and maybe more if your site is well-traveled. ffs.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant

View attachment 15198

The estate.
Their kids, business partners, trusts, foundations, or whoever gets the money.

Some people will shit to their cats.

I never thought Magnum PI would be hawking reverse mortgages either but if you live long enough....

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
My husband just got an interview with his dream company. We haven’t told anyone he even applied cause it would mean a move to Austin and that will be met with varying degrees of enthusiasm. When he applied it was a total shot in the dark and we didn’t think he’d actually get the interview till he’s got a few more years experience under his belt. I’m not sure how I feel about it but if he gets it we obviously have to go. I can’t not support him in this.

My husband just got an interview with his dream company. We haven’t told anyone he even applied cause it would mean a move to Austin and that will be met with varying degrees of enthusiasm. When he applied it was a total shot in the dark and we didn’t think he’d actually get the interview till he’s got a few more years experience under his belt. I’m not sure how I feel about it but if he gets it we obviously have to go. I can’t not support him in this.
That sounds great for him.
You as well, but maybe not as great?