WTF So I just dick'd my butt

With sales specifically? Other than having experience with old people, none. This company is aimed at seniors and their families. Training is provided and I have nothing to lose.
It could be something very different. I interviewed for a job selling "captioned phones" for those who are hard of hearing, alert systems if they fall down, burglar alarms in case the pizza boy comes to the wrong house. :/ Commission schedule was pretty brutal . . .

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
:lol: I don't remember asking this... anyways, what do you do besides house-husband?

and / or what DO you want to do for work?
I don't really have any specific goals for a type of job. I'd just like to be able to do something that adds value to other's lives. I like what I do know because my job is literally to make people smile. It doesn't pay enough to support my family though. My greatest skill is understanding people and their perspective.

I do think I have the perfect plumbers crack, so that is also a possibility. If that doesn't work out I can always just clean the toilets.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and HipHugHer
dude, it totally is.
You seem to know what you're talking about. Can you explain to me how you came to this conclusion? What information that I gave you makes you think old people are being exploited. I really want to to know because exploitation is that last thing I want to be a part of.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and HipHugHer
so, you have no marketable skills (or simply are poor at identifying your marketable skills)
I'm pretty good at identifying my skills to employers. I didn't realize I needed to make myself seem employable to a useless internet forum. It seems like you're trying to get a rise out of me. I'm not interested.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
You seem to know what you're talking about. Can you explain to me how you came to this conclusion? What information that I gave you makes you think old people are being exploited. I really want to to know because exploitation is that last thing I want to be a part of.
ask yourself what legitimate needs the elderly have that can be addressed with a cold-call sales product, knowing nothing about the person.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and APRIL
ask yourself what legitimate needs the elderly have that can be addressed with a cold-call sales product, knowing nothing about the person.
I wouldn't be cold calling or selling products. I myself know very little about the details at this point, which is why I'm amazed that you know so much about it before I do.

• Gravy
I don't really have any specific goals for a type of job. I'd just like to be able to do something that adds value to other's lives. I like what I do know because my job is literally to make people smile. It doesn't pay enough to support my family though. My greatest skill is understanding people and their perspective.

I do think I have the perfect plumbers crack, so that is also a possibility. If that doesn't work out I can always just clean the toilets.
Yup, I wouldn't hire you.

I wouldn't be cold calling or selling products. I myself know very little about the details at this point, which is why I'm amazed that you know so much about it before I do.
Find out more about that company. I think the elderly would like you - sounds like they like you at that music gig you've been doing. Beyond the 3 products I mentioned there are a number of other legitimate services and products seniors might need. *It's a growth area - boomering.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and OOD
Find out more about that company. I think the elderly would like you - sounds like they like you at that music gig you've been doing. Beyond the 3 products I mentioned there are a number of other legitimate services and products seniors might need. *It's a growth area - boomering.
I'm going to attend a meeting and find out the gory details while I'm there. I also haven't found anything negative about the company but I'm still looking.

• Gravy
I'm going to attend a meeting and find out the gory details while I'm there. I also haven't found anything negative about the company but I'm still looking.
What do the employee reviews on Glassdoor say? Granted, people only post things to bitch about stuff.. but hey, if everyone is saying the same thing, that's a red flag.