WTF So I just dick'd my butt

There's a building being torn down next to the office. Its somewhat amusing how much it has affected productivity.
Watching shit get torn down is awesome.

Especially if you've got an experienced operator manning an excavator with one of those grabby/cutty attachments on it, just doing everything all precise and fast. Could watch that shit for hours.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
When's the interview?
Or
How did the interview go?

Both seem to cover the bases of what I'm trying to ask.
It was Wednesday. It seemed to go well but I haven't heard anything. It took a month to get the interview in the first place so I'm anxious but I probably shouldn't be yet.

It was Wednesday. It seemed to go well but I haven't heard anything. It took a month to get the interview in the first place so I'm anxious but I probably shouldn't be yet.
Send a follow-up email Monday explaining how excited you are to look forward to working there. Thank them for their time.

90% of the time the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and OOD
Send a follow-up email Monday explaining how excited you are to look forward to working there. Thank them for their time.

90% of the time the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
I guess I could find her email somehow. These managers don't make it easy to contact them. They want to pick employees the same way they shop on Amazon.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
God, please save me from nonsensical union rules. I beg of you.

Some idiot ignored a drilling template, despite the procedure calling out for you to use the template, and has fucked up a couple thousand in materials.

Why he was at that point on the assembly line, untrained, and unsupervised all come down to "it's against union rules"

• Sad
Reactions: Immigrant
I hate to sound argumentative, but is it really a union rule to place untrained and unsupervised people in that type of a position?

Unions aren’t usually strong enough to maintain safety standards for employees anymore let alone let them work unsupervised or untrained. You must work for a super weak employer who can’t negotiate contracts properly.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
God, please save me from nonsensical union rules. I beg of you.

Some idiot ignored a drilling template, despite the procedure calling out for you to use the template, and has fucked up a couple thousand in materials.

Why he was at that point on the assembly line, untrained, and unsupervised all come down to "it's against union rules"
That... doesn't make sense.

It makes total sense that it's against union rules to have an untrained and unsupervised employee working the line.