So, I am incredibly nude..

Drool-Boy said:
THeres a few people there that like to come over and run their mouths at me about dum shit/nothing. Even if I try to keep working they keep yappin untill I pretend to be interested and comment. Short of yelling "FUCK OFF IM WORKING YOU ASSHOLE" I dunno what to do.

That is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Candy said:
:fly:

He's mesmerized by your hair silly! We have a few here that could go postal at any time as well... :heart:

I'm across the hall way from health and wellness for the college. They do all the therapy stuff for the students. Every once in a while one will come out looking crazy as hell. Down the hall is student judical. One day some girl came out started screaming as loud as she could and started trashing the hallway. Tearing up signs and breaking everything she saw until a few guys from health and wellnes tackled her. It's interesting over here.

Thorn Bird said:
you have to remember, i've only had this job for two years. before that, i worked outside the house. i had to deal with all kinds of people. i don't mind people like all you other people seem to...and i understand it's part of the work force. i believe everyone has to compromise in order to have a functioning office/life. it's just the way it works. what's the point of going through life with everything your way? i find it a challenge to learn how to deal with different types of people. it makes it interesting. yes, some people are frustrating, but venting to another coworker about the boss helped us form a friendship, so i'm not complaining. you people need to learn how to TRY to find the good in any given situation. you don't have to COMPLETELY give up who you are, but it makes you a stronger person to effectively compromise. learn something about yourself and someone else.
:heart:

It isn't that I don't like people. Indeed, for the most part I even like the people I'm talking about. However, when I'm actually getting some work done, the last thing I want is to know there is someone hovering beside me wanting to talk about.... well, nothing. The conversation has literally been like...

Me:"So, do anything over the weekend?"
them: "Nope."
about a minute of me typing away goes by.
them: "You ever see that SNL episode where such and such happens?"
me: ??? Looks at computer regretfully as I lose track of what I was doing. "Nope."

Desslock said:
This usually keeps people out of me office. :)
desslock.jpg

You almost look black in that photo.

taeric said:
It isn't that I don't like people. Indeed, for the most part I even like the people I'm talking about. However, when I'm actually getting some work done, the last thing I want is to know there is someone hovering beside me wanting to talk about.... well, nothing. The conversation has literally been like...

Sounds like THEY don't have enough work to do - maybe you can delegate some of yours.

i do understand that. ugh. but you're a clever guy...could you say something like, "gimme oooooooonnnnneeeeee minute to finish my thought before i think of something else. my poor brain can only handle one track at a time. i'm so old." would that help, you think? that way you're getting your point across while blaming yourself...not really giving the other person a chance to get offended. know whatta mean? maybe it's different for men...:iono:

fly said:
what the tinkle?
He yelled at a couple of my co-workers one day, telling them to get off the phone with people from another group - telling them "They're not your friends"

Since then, a couple guys I used to work with are always joking that I'm not allowed to have friends.

And, in the past he has chased people out of my cube that were just sitting there talking to me :lol:

Actually, I prefer the sign that says "Days since I had a conversation I didn't want." Whenever they come over, flip it back to 0. It might be better to use hours instead of days. :)

taeric said:
Actually, I prefer the sign that says "Days since I had a conversation I didn't want." Whenever they come over, flip it back to 0. It might be better to use hours instead of days. :)

Haha, that's perfect, DO IT!