So, I am incredibly nude..

taeric

Flaccid Member
May 6, 2005
Marklar
₥0
Or is it ok to expect the people in my office not to just come over and want to talk about nothing when they get here? It wouldn't bother me if it wasn't between 10 and 11 every single day.

I don't get it, these guys don't get into the office till well after 2 to 3 hours after I get in when I'm late, and the first thing they want to do is come over and hover beside me till I turn to talk about nothing with them. Why!?!?!

THeres a few people there that like to come over and run their mouths at me about dum shit/nothing. Even if I try to keep working they keep yappin untill I pretend to be interested and comment. Short of yelling "FUCK OFF IM WORKING YOU ASSHOLE" I dunno what to do.

Ma171aC said:
they like you, you seem popular

take it as an annoying compliment. people are drawn to you. they want to hear what you are going to say. if you were very unpleasant in the morning, do you think people would want to come to you? you must be a breath of fresh air.

now, if you don't like it, change it. it just depends on what you want to put up with -- being the bitch of the office, or being the nice guy. with some, there might not be a happy medium.

find a desk sign or something that says something like, "if there's not an empty coffee mug in my hand, don't talk to me." it's cute, it'll get the point across, and you can always explain how you are by "blaming" someone else. "my friend gave this to me because she knows how i need my space in the morning." i'd get the point that way.

Thorn Bird said:
take it as an annoying compliment. people are drawn to you. they want to hear what you are going to say. if you were very unpleasant in the morning, do you think people would want to come to you? you must be a breath of fresh air.

now, if you don't like it, change it. it just depends on what you want to put up with -- being the bitch of the office, or being the nice guy. with some, there might not be a happy medium.

find a desk sign or something that says something like, "if there's not an empty coffee mug in my hand, don't talk to me." it's cute, it'll get the point across, and you can always explain how you are by "blaming" someone else. "my friend gave this to me because she knows how i need my space in the morning." i'd get the point that way.
yeah, you make it sound so easy, stay at home mom... :fly:

I feel for you Taeric - I would get so much more done working from home. There is alot of chit-chatting going on - and I work predominately with men. On Fridays almost nothing gets done.

One newer guy does that same weird thing he just hovers over you and stares at you until you talk to him but then he won't go away. We now just keep on working and ignore him. He seems the type to go postal so we don't want to say anything to rude to him.

taeric said:
Or is it ok to expect the people in my office not to just come over and want to talk about nothing when they get here? It wouldn't bother me if it wasn't between 10 and 11 every single day.

I don't get it, these guys don't get into the office till well after 2 to 3 hours after I get in when I'm late, and the first thing they want to do is come over and hover beside me till I turn to talk about nothing with them. Why!?!?!

If you are their boss they are trying to kiss ass by talking to you and acting interested i what you are doing. If you are not, they are just wasting time, and know you are a nice guy and will listen. Either way I'd make a mad dash for the kitchen when I see them coming.

gottoys? said:
I feel for you Taeric - I would get so much more done working from home. There is alot of chit-chatting going on - and I work predominately with men. On Fridays almost nothing gets done.

One newer guy does that same weird thing he just hovers over you and stares at you until you talk to him but then he won't go away. We now just keep on working and ignore him. He seems the type to go postal so we don't want to say anything to rude to him.

:fly:

He's mesmerized by your hair silly! We have a few here that could go postal at any time as well... :heart:

Valve1138 said:
Or just fart alot.

That's what I've been doing lately. I think someone broke the fan under my desk on purpose.

I'm not a morning person either and I want to club people that are like they are baby seals.

fly said:
yeah, you make it sound so easy, stay at home mom... :fly:

you have to remember, i've only had this job for two years. before that, i worked outside the house. i had to deal with all kinds of people. i don't mind people like all you other people seem to...and i understand it's part of the work force. i believe everyone has to compromise in order to have a functioning office/life. it's just the way it works. what's the point of going through life with everything your way? i find it a challenge to learn how to deal with different types of people. it makes it interesting. yes, some people are frustrating, but venting to another coworker about the boss helped us form a friendship, so i'm not complaining. you people need to learn how to TRY to find the good in any given situation. you don't have to COMPLETELY give up who you are, but it makes you a stronger person to effectively compromise. learn something about yourself and someone else.
:heart:

Candy said:
:fly:

We have a few here that could go postal at any time as well... :heart:

Wow you really DO!!! isn't that the truth and more then one too. The guys that work for you are living proof that men get PMS too.

Im just going to set up a complex series of bear traps around my desk area, and only those skilled enought to evade them all shall be granted an audience with me.
The rest can just lay there and bleed.

This usually keeps people out of me office. :)
desslock.jpg