So God is mocking me about dating.

F33nX said:
i'm sorta in the same boat, except not only is everyone around me dating (me included), but everyone is getting MARRIED. wtf. it doesn't help that i've started thinking about marriage (but it's totally blatantly one sided, sigh), but now everyone around me is married or going through the experience of getting married. i'll be lucky not to slit my wrists from lack of finances from wedding presents or lack of bling on the important finger come next wedding season.

Ya what's the deal with this? I have never been married and never wanted to get married - but now all of a sudden it seems 95% of the adult pop is married or just got married (the 'Burgers') or about to get married (candy and SD). This is great and I am real happy for everyone but now I am thinking dam maybe I'm suppose to get married (even though I never really believed in it - why do you have to have a piece of paper to prove your love and commitment).

gottoys? said:
why do you have to have a piece of paper to prove your love and commitment).

Property rights.

Marriage has absolutely nothing to do with love and commitment. It has everything to do with claims on real property, durable goods, and cash money. Just ask a divorce lawyer.

gottoys? said:
Ya what's the deal with this? I have never been married and never wanted to get married - but now all of a sudden it seems 95% of the adult pop is married or just got married (the 'Burgers') or about to get married (candy and SD). This is great and I am real happy for everyone but now I am thinking dam maybe I'm suppose to get married (even though I never really believed in it - why do you have to have a piece of paper to prove your love and commitment).

Bah fly and I aren't married and have no plans about it. Society pushes that crap. :tard:

itburnswhenipee said:
Property rights.

Marriage has absolutely nothing to do with love and commitment. It has everything to do with claims on real property, durable goods, and cash money. Just ask a divorce lawyer.

True story. Well its a little love, some committment and ALL partnership.

gottoys? said:
:heart: Stay strong sista

April23 said:
Bah fly and I aren't married and have no plans about it. Society pushes that crap. :tard:
5 years living together and you have all the rights of a married couple regardless.

The best girlfriends are not found in bars or clubs. They are found through the accidential encounters or the road less taken part of your single routine. It sucks becuase everyone wants someone and those typse of things to happen but they have to happen by accident. Love is not fair. It's sneaky, crafty, and sometimes just evil.

Good Luck on the hunt my single brothers.

I miss the days of just clubbing them over the head and dragging them home.
Now we just want to cub them over the head and drag them away from our homes.

If there's one thing I've learned, it's never ever listen to what any religious person has to say about dating, love, or courtship. Turns out everything they say is based on tradition (i.e. the habits of a long line of similarly religious people you will never know) and not on what is in your best interest.

b_sinning said:
The best girlfriends are not found in bars or clubs. They are found through the accidential encounters or the road less taken part of your single routine. It sucks becuase everyone wants someone and those typse of things to happen but they have to happen by accident. Love is not fair. It's sneaky, crafty, and sometimes just evil.

Good Luck on the hunt my single brothers.

That, sir, was one of the more shockingly life affirming things I've heard today.

theacoustician said:
His roommate is a chick.

I'm sure there had to be more to it than just living in the same house. If I remember correctly, you had to present yourself as a couple. Roomates wouldn't fall under the same law.