Ontopic So, Brits... How you doing over there?

Yeah... They already had all that.
In a global economy you don't really get to take your ball and go home.

Surely there must be a way to participate in global trade while maintaining national sovereignty and control of your own affairs. Lots of countries do it every day.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Yeah... They already had all that.
In a global economy you don't really get to take your ball and go home.

it's easy for us to say that since we aren't part of anything like that. We participate in all of the trade but still keep our full independence. Let's just say like NAFTA was as involved and encompassing as the EU. Say we went to an open borders policy, single currency, Mexico and Canada could vote for stuff we might not like but would have to do, etc. I'm not saying them leaving the EU is good or bad I'm just saying it's easy for us at a distance to say it's bad but we don't live in it so we don't really know.

Surely there must be a way to participate in global trade while maintaining national sovereignty and control of your own affairs. Lots of countries do it every day.
Yeah we have that. It's called the EU. When you're in Europe but not in the EU you get to trade but have no say in the laws and restrictions imposed on you because you have no fuckin seat at the table. This is what dipshits don't understand. They go on about immigration, go ask Norway and Sweden how its going for them seeing as they have no say over free movement.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Yeah we have that. It's called the EU. When you're in Europe but not in the EU you get to trade but have no say in the laws and restrictions imposed on you because you have no fuckin seat at the table. This is what dipshits don't understand. They go on about immigration, go ask Norway and Sweden how its going for them seeing as they have no say over free movement.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

On the plus side I think we could all pull of a much cheaper trip to visit you.

The funny thing for me with all of this is I've never really considered the UK as part of Europe. While they are geographically part I've always considered the UK as their own thing that plays with Europe but isn't part. They've always seem to have different views that the rest of Europe and kinda did their own thing with us.

EU is a confederation of countries, not a single sovereign nation.
If one decides to pick up their toys and go home, they may.
I read at least one article so far where EU leaders admit their decision making process could be better.

Read one where the French president/pm/whatever was proposing some change consisting of "5 pillars" as he called it. They were basically giving EU even more control over member countries while shutting out any future members, namely Turkey.

They're all freaking out because somebody put a dent in their globalist, one-world aims, and now want this EU confederation to have even more power. Makes you wonder how much they were skimming off of Britain. I imagine they were quite the sugar daddy.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Read one where the French president/pm/whatever was proposing some change consisting of "5 pillars" as he called it. They were basically giving EU even more control over member countries while shutting out any future members, namely Turkey.

They're all freaking out because somebody put a dent in their globalist, one-world aims, and now want this EU confederation to have even more power. Makes you wonder how much they were skimming off of Britain. I imagine they were quite the sugar daddy.
Dude- if that One World Gubment crap ever infects Murica, im coming to Texas.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
We have the benefit of still being geographically separated from most of the folks we deal with so I don't think it would happen.
The Urban legend a decade ago was in addition to an EU, an NAU (North American Union) and PAU (Pan African Union) were going to be served up on a steaming silver platter of One World propaganda.
Clearly Canada would never join the U.S., and the U.S. would never invite Mexico.

The Urban legend a decade ago was in addition to an EU, an NAU (North American Union) and PAU (Pan African Union) were going to be served up on a steaming silver platter of One World propaganda.
Clearly Canada would never join the U.S., and the U.S. would never invite Mexico.

There's that old crazy Bulgarian lady who died in the 90's but had predicted well before then that the 44th POTUS would be black and he would also be the last POTUS we had. She also predicted that all of Europe would be overan and controlled by Muslims. Now granted there is a ton of other crazy stuff she was way wrong on but still interesting non the less.

There's that old crazy Bulgarian lady who died in the 90's but had predicted well before then that the 44th POTUS would be black and he would also be the last POTUS we had. She also predicted that all of Europe would be overan and controlled by Muslims. Now granted there is a ton of other crazy stuff she was way wrong on but still interesting non the less.
Baba Yaga.
Interesting!
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...d/news-story/6adaca964c9bde14e21103ee7d4fbc1d