Thread Shoe sniffing

I'm not doubting you wear boots everyday. I'm just painting you as a weirdo.
Practically everyone I know wears boots everyday is what I'm saying. Just better footwear than soft shoes. Also walking all day everyday destroys sneakers.

Practically everyone I know wears boots everyday is what I'm saying. Just better footwear than soft shoes. Also walking all day everyday destroys sneakers.

If you have 50 pairs of shoes you have no need to wear the same pair of shoes every day. I even have more than one pair of sneakers. It's good for your shoes to give them a break and switch off.

EILEEN: what size shoo do you wear??

OH - and we neeed to get together before that baby pops out, so I can give you prezzies! :heart:

Awww. Okay, I will try. I'm pretty immobile these days. I used to wear a 7 1/2 but my feet are so swollen I haven't been able to put on a pair of shoes in forever and I get the feeling my feet are changing size. Stupid pregnancy.

Walking does not destroy good quality sneakers. Good sneakers are made for exactly that. For me, boots are for specific purposes.

Walking does not destroy good quality sneakers. Good sneakers are made for exactly that. For me, boots are for specific purposes.
I've tried good converses, and keds, always wear through on the balls of my feet and the stitching at the flex point comes out. They also don't do much for abrasion, the leather is soft and just tears.

This isn't a big deal sitting at a desk, but walking outdoors on gravel, dirt trails, it's a bitch.

Do you have 50 pairs of the same shoes?

No, of course not.

I've tried good converses, and keds, always wear through on the balls of my feet and the stitching at the flex point comes out. They also don't do much for abrasion, the leather is soft and just tears.

This isn't a big deal sitting at a desk, but walking outdoors on gravel, dirt trails, it's a bitch.

I'm not aware of any converse or keds that are actually good quality. Of course you will walk through those in no time. Gotta buy Nike or Asics or Adidas or something like that if you want good sneakers. Stuff that's made for walking. You can even pick them up cheap at places like Kohl's so it's not bank breaking like at a Foot Locker or something. I have a pair of Nike's for running, Pumas for walking and style, a couple pairs of Converse for slouching (high tops and regular) and a pair of Keds covered in pink sequins because they are cute. If I'm going somewhere where I will be walking all day I'll likely choose the Nike's or the Pumas. I also have a pair of comfy hiking boots I can also choose my pair of knee high leather boots for the motorcycle that are pretty comfy for walking. So it all depends on what I'm wearing, what I'm going to be doing, and what mood I'm in. It's good to have choices.

Last edited:
I'm not aware of any converse or keds that are actually good quality. Of course you will walk through those in no time. Gotta buy Nike or Asics or Adidas or something like that if you want good sneakers. Stuff that's made for walking. You can even pick them up cheap at places like Kohl's so it's not bank breaking like at a Foot Locker or something. I have a pair of Nike's for running, Pumas for walking and style, a couple pairs of Converse for slouching (high tops and regular) and a pair of Keds covered in pink sequins because they are cute. If I'm going somewhere where I will be walking all day I'll likely choose the Nike's or the Pumas. I also have a pair of comfy hiking boots I can also choose my pair of knee high leather boots for the motorcycle that are pretty comfy for walking. So it all depends on what I'm wearing, what I'm going to be doing, and what mood I'm in. It's good to have choices.
I'm not sure if Nike has like different lines or something because some of them are real shit and some aren't, I used to wear their spikes for baseball and those were good, but I got sneakers once and the eyelets just tore out. Keds were on the recommendation of nurses I used to hang out with, they are easy to clean if nothing else.

Paying retail would hurt my soul, and only black people shop at Footlocker around here.

I linked the shoes I own before, but when I need replacements prolly gonna spring for: http://www.dehner.com/ or HAIX

I wear boots every day, but work in a machine shop
Ive found the doc marten brands to be about the most comfortable for me
I wear them out in about 2 years tho, cuz I walk heavy on the heel and wear them off

they make for good casual office work shoes.

edit: look at lil miss i wear jeans and flipflops trying to go all up to date fashion sense on us...

Last edited: