Advice Share with me your Bipolar stories/experiences

I've never taken any of that shit and I'm just fine.

So am I.

Yeah, me too.

What?

Who the hell are you?

Shut up. Get away from me.

Don't tell me what to do, buddy.

I'm not your buddy, pal.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel and nukes
Yup.
Some of us need meds
Some of us don't

I wanna know how hard it is to deal with someone who has this ...

Sent from the white knuckle grip of my Lord & Saviour, CEO
I think my wife is bipolar. Some she thinks so too.

It's very hard. At any given moment her mood can switch and can really annoy the fuck out of me. One minute I'm having fun mucking around and being silly with her. I go to the kitchen for a minute, then come back to the girl from the exorcist. Your feelings or emotions be damned. However, I do know that she loves me and has a huge heart, and this is what helps me deal with this. It allows me to recognise that this is a problem for her just as much as it is for me, and that I should support her because I love her.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL and Petunia

It's very hard. At any given moment her mood can switch and can really annoy the fuck out of me. One minute I'm having fun mucking around and being silly with her. I go to the kitchen for a minute, then come back to the girl from the exorcist. Your feelings or emotions be damned. However, I do know that she loves me and has a huge heart, and this is what helps me deal with this. It allows me to recognise that this is a problem for her just as much as it is for me, and that I should support her because I love her.

I don't think bipolar is that the mood changes THAT FAST
Maybe I'm wrong
But from my understanding its mood swings that las days ??

Maybe she's "moody" ?

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
I don't think bipolar is that the mood changes THAT FAST
Maybe I'm wrong
But from my understanding its mood swings that las days ??

Maybe she's "moody" ?

My understanding of bipolar is that it's not about to quickness of the mood change, but rather it's the severity of difference between the two moods.

That's a common condition. Technical term for it is "female".

Yup.
Some of us need meds
Some of us don't

I have a friend married to someone who has it. They've been married for 16 years now. At first it was hell but they eventually got her on some meds that helped and he claims he's happy now.

Yup.
Some of us need meds
Some of us don't

A good friend of mine is married to someone who is bipolar. I do not know medication specifics but we've chatted about this. I know some medications just were not right for him. His is very mild by comparison though and a lot of times the medication made things worse. His lows were never dangerously low and his manic states really were channeled into a hobby where he could create beautiful and intricate items. I have some of the things he created. His case as I said is not normal even for most bi polar people. I knew them both for many years before my friend told me. At that point it was a way off life so to speak for them. So the answer would be it depends on each person south how hard it would be.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
A good friend of mine is married to someone who is bipolar. I do not know medication specifics but we've chatted about this. I know some medications just were not right for him. His is very mild by comparison though and a lot of times the medication made things worse. His lows were never dangerously low and his manic states really were channeled into a hobby where he could create beautiful and intricate items. I have some of the things he created. His case as I said is not normal even for most bi polar people. I knew them both for many years before my friend told me. At that point it was a way off life so to speak for them. So the answer would be it depends on each person south how hard it would be.
thanks for sharing :heart:

so prior to your friend sharing this info with you, you had NO idea he was bipolar?