Advice Share with me your Bipolar stories/experiences

thanks for sharing :heart:

so prior to your friend sharing this info with you, you had NO idea he was bipolar?
Not a clue. We were on vacation together when she told me. She had given me one of his creations and went into the story then. They have been married maybe 30 years now and she talked more about another health issue (physical) more than his bi polar. So it is well controlled.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
A good friend of mine is married to someone who is bipolar. I do not know medication specifics but we've chatted about this. I know some medications just were not right for him. His is very mild by comparison though and a lot of times the medication made things worse. His lows were never dangerously low and his manic states really were channeled into a hobby where he could create beautiful and intricate items. I have some of the things he created. His case as I said is not normal even for most bi polar people. I knew them both for many years before my friend told me. At that point it was a way off life so to speak for them. So the answer would be it depends on each person south how hard it would be.
A lot of depression meds I've been prescribed don't do anything. Sucks.

A lot of depression meds I've been prescribed don't do anything. Sucks.
I've only been on one and for PPD (anxiety really) and it worked at first... after a few months I felt worse so we weaned and i was better off. But that's hormonal based so probably not surprising.

• Gravy
A good friend is bipolar. Not full blown manic (I don't think so at least, she's had some bad episodes though)
She, unfortunately, does what pretty much every person with mental issues does and gets feeling good then gets off her meds (because she feels good, so why does she need meds?) and has a bad couple months or more.

Also, domon is a dick, but his advice is sound.

• Gravy
:( that's so sad

Sent from the white knuckle grip of my Lord & Saviour, CEO
Omg the stories I could tell. It use to be every time we were around them there would be some kind of episode with her. Since she got on the meds I'd say maybe 1 in 5 times our group of friends is together she gets a little loony.

• Gravy
Not a clue. We were on vacation together when she told me. She had given me one of his creations and went into the story then. They have been married maybe 30 years now and she talked more about another health issue (physical) more than his bi polar. So it is well controlled.

Well I guess it's good that his bipolarness flew under the radar with you and prob many friends

Well I guess it's good that his bipolarness flew under the radar with you and prob many friends

I would imagine if well controlled it likely would for many who have it.

Omg the stories I could tell. It use to be every time we were around them there would be some kind of episode with her. Since she got on the meds I'd say maybe 1 in 5 times our group of friends is together she gets a little loony.
wow eh? ok that sounds like the extreme bipolar disorder to me.
how did your friend tolerate that for so long.

A good friend is bipolar. Not full blown manic (I don't think so at least, she's had some bad episodes though)
She, unfortunately, does what pretty much every person with mental issues does and gets feeling good then gets off her meds (because she feels good, so why does she need meds?) and has a bad couple months or more.

Also, domon is a dick, but his advice is sound.
domon is a dick period.
his advice is for my friend to get help.. that part is covered on my friends end
which isnt what this thread is about
its about how anyone here deals with someone who has it.
as usual he fails at reading comprehension

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL