Hawt See what happens when you stop internally fighting or being political and just help?

if something is dire enough here it will get fixed quickly. now on the scale of something like katrina you can't fix everything overnight but neither can the japanese. it will take them many years to recover from this

See my post about the very vital I35 bridge and it's speed in construction.

china is also a huge human rights and pollution violator(even worse than the US) so it's easy for them to go full steam ahead when they don't have to give a shit about killing people or polluting like crazy

When you have a few billion people who gives a fuck if you loose a few to lead paint etc. Lots more Chins in the phone book for the next project.

China would have just filled in the potholes with people and been ok with it.

there were other roads available to use for detour. it was an inconvenience, not a must have fixed overnight type of thing.

They couldn't use that part of the river without excavation and the train tracks underneath were out of commission as well. That took more than half the time to clear out, too, while the building was going on.

Yep just like they did with all their autos being recalled, and all the raping of the oceans they do with fishing and whales (for research only of course).

Whaling has zero to do with building regulations.

And all auto makers have recalls consistently.

Yep just like they did with all their autos being recalled, and all the raping of the oceans they do with fishing and whales (for research only of course).

Japanese automakers issue voluntary recalls at a higher rate than domestic. And for lesser issues, such as sticky foot pedals or bent windsheild wipers. Not spontaneous combustion of the fuel tanks and axles that break.

I read the same. someone had also said that because 'floor mats' are options, some of the people bought the cheap ones & guess what, they were not the right size & gas pedal would stick on them. . .

I'm not shocked. Car manufacturers made such a big deal out of electronic pedals. To the average consumer electronic pedals = magic. When something goes wrong, the magic must be gone.

also the repair job was only 150 meters of road

you know and I know that there is no way they would get that kind of thing done that fast around here.

Hell, we had a sinkhole ON THE SIDE OF A HIGHWAY and it closed that damn road for 3 weeks.

No, America really is a sad model of inefficiency.