Schooling

Pre-School in my case was for earlier interaction with someone who is more or less a professional in the field. Even if I am a stay at home dad I would be putting my children into pre-school. I will teach my children all the values that my father taught me plus beginning reading maybe. I am not qualified to teach my child how to write, as I am not a good writer. Why start teaching them wrong when they can learn it right?

See that's what I disagree with. How are you not qualified to teach your child to write? You may not be a good writer but you can certainly write up to a fifth grade level, can't you? You can do basic arithmetic, you know the basics of US history, the basics of the natural sciences. I can't imagine anyone here would be unqualified to teach their children everything up to at least a 3rd or 4th grade level.

And a preschool teacher is not a "professional." A preschool 'teacher' is a government employed babysitter. Nothing more.

Last edited:
See that's what I disagree with. How are you not qualified to teach your child to write? You may not be a good writer but you can certainly write up to a fifth grade level, can't you? You can do basic arithmetic, you know the basics of US history, the basics of the natural sciences. I can't imagine anyone here would be unqualified to teach their children everything up to at least a 3rd or 4th grade level.

And a preschool teacher is not a "professional." A preschool 'teacher' is a government employed babysitter. Nothing more.

All valid points but you are kinda missing mine, I will explain tomorrow cause if I dont leave work now I will be stuck here all night :fly:

look here norwegian flame guy. . (BTW, i thought 'juxtapositonal irony' was funny as hell)..

yes, i'm a teacher.. yes, my grammar isn't always perfect ON A MESSAGE BOARD.. yes, i tend to bounce around when stating MY OPINION.. it isn't a legal brief.. i ain't turnin it in to a professor or a boss.. so sloooooow down man, tap the brakes a little bit.. i tend to post in the form of a conversation, not complete sentences.. sorry if I don't post "the way" you want me to.. you're funny man, you really are..

my opinions on the AMERICAN educational system are based on a k-12 public education experience as a student and 13 as a teacher on the front lines of poverty stricken schools in South St Pete .. just in case you need verification of my credentials..

yer flame-retardant buddy,
Ignoratio

I am attempting to be nice, and help you. Normally, I'd just insult you, your mother, and your wee doggy, then ignore you.

I was not pointing out a flaw in what you are saying but rather that no one can argue over opinion. One cant make any reason on fallacy. There is a reason as you put it 'legal briefs' are written the way they are. It is to convince, or illustrate. No one cares how you feel.

Im not even debating what you say because, well as per Voltaire - A man should never pretend to inform a lover of his mistress' faults, no more than one who is at law of the badness of his cause; nor attempt to win over a fanatic by strength of reasoning.

If you want someone to talk reasonably to you, you have to speak in a reasonable way.

wrong. if he wants to offer opinion, let him offer opinion. who the fuck are you to say that his doesn't matter because you don't like the way it's laid out?

Can you for a sentence without swearing?

I hadnt realised 'feelings' were to be considered. :rolleyes: Emotion of course is a major factor in all debates.

Last edited:

I hadnt realised 'feelings' were to be considered. :rolleyes: Emotion of course is a major factor in all debates.

This isn't a debate. He simply made a thread asking how people felt about certain subjects then posted his own thoughts and feelings.

Tell that to the preschool teachers who daily bust their asses to take care of other peoples' children. And deal with things like CPS coming to take the kids out of their classrooms, angry and potentially dangerous confrontations between estranged parents who have both come to collect their child, kids with emotional disorders, kids with mysteriously undiagnosed physical disorders ("What do you mean my three year old child can't hear? FUCK YOU!!!") There are a million reasons I love teachers, including preschool ones. And not just because my baby momma's one. :fly:

Yes, I can form a sentence without swearing but I prefer not to. Fuck.

Yes, feelings are to be considered. This isn't debate class, pookie, it's a discussion forum and if that's what he wants to add to the discussion then so be it and it is no less valuable than what you add.

Tell that to the preschool teachers who daily bust their asses to take care of other peoples' children. And deal with things like CPS coming to take the kids out of their classrooms, angry and potentially dangerous confrontations between estranged parents who have both come to collect their child, kids with emotional disorders, kids with mysteriously undiagnosed physical disorders ("What do you mean my three year old child can't hear? FUCK YOU!!!") There are a million reasons I love teachers, including preschool ones. And not just because my baby momma's one. :fly:

I'm not saying they don't work hard, I'm not saying they don't deserve recognition for what they do but it doesn't change the fact that they are employed to watch kids while parents are at work. That's babysitting, not teaching. I just hate the idea of kids being left in the care of others at younger and younger ages while parents run off to the office. Those years are absolutely crucial to a child's development and parents should take every opportunity to spend that time with their kids.

Yes, feelings are to be considered. This isn't debate class, pookie, it's a discussion forum and if that's what he wants to add to the discussion then so be it and it is no less valuable than what you add.

I was merely attempting to help him. You just demonstrated my entire point at my 2:18 EST post.

I'm sorry but there's just no way to justify spanking in school. There are different methods of discipline, and it is very much possible to have well behaved kids without them fearing physical punishment on the parents' or teachers' part. There are other punishment / reward methods that can be used. If I have kids, no one but me will have a right to decide what method I use to discipline my children, and I'd be very pissed off if I heard of a teacher spanking my child. That's fucked up.

I couldn't agree with you more. I am a HUGE advocate for gentle discipline. :heart:

the dranks are setting in..

this mofo said "pookie".. bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha.. . get em son!

regulators.. mount up!!!!

fuck.

I'm going to home school our children- so that they turn out to be retarded little socially akward beings. :rolleyes:

I am just learning of the devistating situation american schools are in. I can't offer much to this conversation as I took all of my public education (1-12) in Canada... But I can say this.

My mother is a teacher at a private school and honestly, she runs into more problems with her students. The only difference between students at a public school and students at a private school is that mommy and daddy are paying more to have them there.

I am a big supporter of public schools. I came from a public school and I would love to see my children go to public school- I just hope that by the time we have kids of school going age the system will be in better shape.

Fatburger went to a private school and I am appauled at the crap that was passed as "literature". IMO he missed out on so many wonderful books and experiences reading- and I certainly don't want my children to miss out on it too.

I'm not saying they don't work hard, I'm not saying they don't deserve recognition for what they do but it doesn't change the fact that they are employed to watch kids while parents are at work. That's babysitting, not teaching. I just hate the idea of kids being left in the care of others at younger and younger ages while parents run off to the office. Those years are absolutely crucial to a child's development and parents should take every opportunity to spend that time with their kids.

Not every one who goes to preschool has two parents that work. I vaguely remember going to preschool when my father was stationed in Germany. My mother was a stay at home mom the entire time we three kids were growing up. When my father met my mother she actually out ranked him. Because of the rules at the time she had to resign her commission in order to marry my father.

I'm going to home school our children- so that they turn out to be retarded little socially akward beings. :rolleyes:

I am just learning of the devistating situation american schools are in. I can't offer much to this conversation as I took all of my public education (1-12) in Canada... But I can say this.

My mother is a teacher at a private school and honestly, she runs into more problems with her students. The only difference between students at a public school and students at a private school is that mommy and daddy are paying more to have them there.

I am a big supporter of public schools. I came from a public school and I would love to see my children go to public school- I just hope that by the time we have kids of school going age the system will be in better shape.

Fatburger went to a private school and I am appauled at the crap that was passed as "literature". IMO he missed out on so many wonderful books and experiences reading- and I certainly don't want my children to miss out on it too.

Fuxx.. we're only interested in facts here cuz.. no one cares about your opinion.. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaahaaaaaaaa.....

but your post reminds me of something one of "safe schools" guys told me once.. poor kids steal cause they need shit.. rich kids steal for the rush.. but both groups steal.. . sorry if that's not one degree of separation for the god of flames but THAT'S WHAT IT REMINDED ME OF.. .. fuckouttahere..

Fuxx.. we're only interested in facts here cuz.. no one cares about your opinion.. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaahaaaaaaaa.....

but your post reminds me of something one of "safe schools" guys told me once.. poor kids steal cause they need shit.. rich kids steal for the rush.. but both groups steal.. . sorry if that's not one degree of separation for the god of flames but THAT'S WHAT IT REMINDED ME OF.. .. fuckouttahere..

:tard: