Schooling

homeschooling also allows kids to interact with other kids of different ages. I don't know why so many people think it's natural for eight years olds to spend all day long solely with other eight year olds :confused:

Homeschooled kids have social interaction problems goober.

Homeschooled kids have social interaction problems goober.

only when parents fail to have them interact with other kids. of the homeschooled kids I've met most were perfectly normal and usually smarter than others their age. there are public school kids with social interaction problems, too. just because they don't spend six hours in the same classroom doesn't mean they can't interact with other kids in the neighborhood or in sports or with other homeschooled kids or in a variety of other avenues.

Having children interact solely within a specific age group will also cause social interaction problems. The real world doesn't work like that and allowing kids to interact with various age groups is far healthier.

I cant speak of home school kids because I only know 2 and they were home schooled because they couldnt do High School. 1 was because of constant fights and the other because her mother said the education sucked. She was my ex's little sister and since home school was forced on her she rebelled horribly against her parents.

What are your thoughts on the public education system?

Standardized testing?

Public vouchers ?

Private schools? Private religious schools?

The (FL) class size amendment?

Teacher salaries? and why, when 99% of the people I meet say "teachers should be paid more", they don't??

Spanking in schools (which we cant do here in FL)?

NCLB: No Child Left Behind?

I usually kill standardized tests without breaking a sweat. I never understood people studying for them. :confused: They aren't a true test of what you have learned throughout your academic career. Aside from the Calculus and Spanish AP tests I took in high school, my education at home adequately prepared me for standardized tests.

They have had public vouchers in Cleveland for a while now. They can't hurt, whatever it takes to educate someone. The sad thing is many parents in Cleveland don't have the funds to contribute. We could talk about the population and perhaps explain part of that.

Private schools, none of my business. They are private. Private religious schools, none of my business. They are private.

Not familiar with the amendment you are referring to. I'll read about it now though.

Teachers salaries. That is an interesting one. Aside from the education I will give my own child I would want the best and brightest teaching my child. I know you are a school teacher and am in no way making a demeaning comment when I say the money is not there to keep most of those people in the field. There are some that will teach for reasons other than money and that is amazing. Money talks.

Parents should have taken care of the discipline at home. Don't need someone else doing that for my kid.

I won't leave my kids behind.

Last edited: