WTF Sandy is a filthy whore!

lots of rain so far, but due to the fact we had no rain at all for a month before that, the ground is sucking it all up so far. Not so much as a puddle.

Apparently they were told it wouldn't be as bad as it was. In the case of the Disney ship they were kind of trapped. The tall ship was trying to go around.

yeah, unfortunately, they tried to go around by skirting the inside of the storm, which was just a bad idea across the board.

im not sold on this "bad"ness yet. So far, just rain.

My first major storm after moving to Florida, Charlie, was like that.

I was all sitting in my apartment at the time, waiting, actually hoping, for it to hit. I wanted to live the tropical weather dream of being outside in massive rain and wind while chugging a bottle of JD. Yes, I really wanted to do this.

Charlie was a small, highly compact storm. It turned just south of sarasota. I was disappoint.

The news the next day showed me just how uninformed I was. Charlie laid a brutal path of destruction. It was small and narrow as the storm was small in size but still a cat 4.

Maybe next time you will listen to the fucking Floridian when the topic is hurricanes

:tard:

dude, when did i ever say it was bad? Im not running around freaking out, nor was i ever. I filled some buckets with water, and went about my day.

I was all sitting in my apartment at the time, waiting, actually hoping, for it to hit. I wanted to live the tropical weather dream of being outside in massive rain and wind while chugging a bottle of JD. Yes, I really wanted to do this.

Charlie was a small, highly compact storm. It turned just south of sarasota. I was disappoint.

The news the next day showed me just how uninformed I was. Charlie laid a brutal path of destruction. It was small and narrow as the storm was small in size but still a cat 4.

and this is the opposite. Cat 1, but ridiculously big

if that's the one I'm thinking of, I drove through homestead like a year later and it still looked like it just happened. boats on the side of the road, buildings wrecked down to foundation, etc.

I never said you did. I said it was a cat 1, and nothing to be worried about.
You proceeded to argue, saying silly stuff like our houses are not built to hurricane code, we have trees that will come down, etc

I never said you did. I said it was a cat 1, and nothing to be worried about.
You proceeded to argue, saying silly stuff like our houses are not built to hurricane code, we have trees that will come down, etc

i still think it will do damage if the wind comes. But no wind yet.

Soaking penetrating rain = loose tree roots, wind = push over trees easily. And if this rain does keep up, we'll have flooding.

if that's the one I'm thinking of, I drove through homestead like a year later and it still looked like it just happened. boats on the side of the road, buildings wrecked down to foundation, etc.

You're prob thinking of Andrew. Charlie was mid 2ks and on the gulf coast side.

5ive is only 20?

as maddog would say, "he's just a lil guy". He was on genmay since he was 12 or some shit. He was actually a tolerable and pleasant person up until about 17. Then yeah, puberty and the massive arrogance associated with it hit.

Now i hate him.